Farm Girl from Mo.

Member for
8 years · 5 months · 23 days
Find A Grave ID
47142793

Bio

We have had an especially hard year this past year loosing some very loyal and lovable animals. May they all be together in a better place.
We lost our Australian Cattle dog, Blue Too (see memorial #160608617), on April 6th, 2016. She was the best house dog, watch dog, varmint dog and cattle dog. I miss her so much since she kept me company when she wasn't needed elsewhere on the farm. She was my best buddy and the greatest THERAPY DOG. We also lost a very special Gelbvieh cow, Buttermilk (see memorial #161154702), on April 16, 2016. She was so gentle that anyone could pet her. Our whole family will miss Blue Too and "Butters". We also had to let one of our best coon dogs, George (see memorial #172899879), go on November 18, 2016. He was getting up there in years and had many health problems.

I love to receive edits especially those that link memorials together or add info. but there are a few memorials that I prefer to use HTML coding in the bio. area to do links to parents/spouse. Please do not ask me to use the family link option on these memorials.

FAG's Memorial Naming Conventions: Non-famous Memorials
1) If a hyphen or an apostrophe is part of the name, use the punctuation.
2) Use a PERIOD after names where only an initial is known. If the full name is known, use the full name and not the initial.
3) Do not use any other punctuation within any Name Field.
4) Do not use Full capitalization (ALL-CAPS) of names in any Name Field.
5) Suffixes and Prefixes do not belong in any Name Field.
How do I enter all married names for a woman's memorial when she was married more than once?
The last name is the name that is on the headstone. Include other married names as part of the biography section. The maiden name is only for her maiden name.
Nickname: A familiar name of the deceased, if known; the nickname is automatically placed in quotes. A nickname is "different" from the real name (first or middle).


This was sent to me by another contributor back in April of 2014 and I hope it helps "everyone" to make their photos the best they can be: "I am passing this site along because I feel that a good, clear picture is always what the viewer wants. Not something that is just good enough. The site is <a href="http://FoodForWorms.org/2013/06/29/how-to-get-great-photos-for-findagrave">How To Get Great Photos For FindAGrave</a>." Also I would like to request that "everyone" make sure they are adding photos to the correct memorial page. Also please do not post obits or death certificates as photos on memorials I manage.

Do not post photos with date stamps and those taken with a cell phone because they are just to blurry! If you cannot read them after they have been added to a memorial then neither can anyone else.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One U.S. farmer provides enough food and fiber for 154 people. Farm families make up about 2 percent of the U.S. population, yet provide for themselves and the other 98 percent. The average age of a farmer is 58.3 years and continues to climb with fewer and fewer young farmers entering the business due to the high cost of land, machinery and other input costs as well as all the government regulations that are being imposed on them. Farmers work 365 days a year with no benefits. They have to pay for their own health insurance, dental bills, etc. and they don't get to take sick leave or have a paid vacation. Farming is only for those who love doing it!

In 1896 William Jennings Bryan said it best, "Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic, but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country." As long as the North American farmer can supply our food at a price that allows us to spend the greatest part of our income for our cars and TV's and recreational items, our high standard of living can continue. But when our farmers can no longer produce our low-cost food, or when they have no economic incentive or ability to produce this food truly again, "the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the county."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Despite recent news reports farmers do not set a price for their livestock, corn, soybeans or anything else they raise unless it is sold to another farmer privately. Farmers taking livestock to the sale barns or grain to a local elevator have to accept what ever someone else is willing to pay them! When we go to buy seed, fertilizer, tractors, cars or trucks, food, etc. we have to pay what others are asking for those items. Farmers do not pass the cost of land, taxes, feed or fuel on to anyone else!

Search memorial contributions by Farm Girl from Mo.

Contributions

Advertisement