|Brian J. Ensley (#47190867)|
| || member for 5 years, 3 months, 20 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
I have been involved with genealogy since around 1982 and have published several books on area cemeteries as well as local history. It has been my goal to document as many cemeteries in my area as possible before much of the information is lost to time. Besides transcribing cemeteries I have recently found the value in photographing headstones as a way to help preserve this valuable information for future generations. It seems that most families have that one person who seems to answer a calling in life to be the family historian- I guess that's me as well as for my wife's family.|
What I find incredible- I went from using a typewriter and carbon paper in the early 1980's, to now being able to take a photo of a headstone and upload it to this site instantly while in the cemetery, from my iphone.
If you want to see why what we do is so important and photographing headstones in order to preserve the information for future generations is vital, check out Blough Cemetery to see how a cemetery's condition can change in 15 years. This is NOT a numbers game- Again, it is a quest to preserve our heritage for future generations.
Now for the "Fine Print...:"
1) If you suggest any corrections/links, PLEASE use the edit link on the memorial and include all pertinent information. DO NOT e-mail suggestions, corrections or photo requests directly to me. Also, if I have created a memorial that is a relative, please feel free to ask to have it transferred. Just be sure to include your member number and relationship. If transferred, would appreciate any information that I have added remain intact after transfer. If I do not transfer a memorial, it is only because it is a relative of mine as well, unless you're more closely or directly related.
2) If I have a photo on here, I am the copyright holder unless I cite the source in the caption from another contributor. If it is a photo that I own, please feel free to use it in your own personal family tree such as Ancestry.com. HOWEVER, on any of my photos, be sure to cite the source to give proper credit.
3) When I add memorials for non-relatives, I try to be as complete and accurate as possible, and I do so with the same care and respect as I would for my own family member.
4) If I post a photo on a memorial in which you had already posted one, please don't take offense- sometimes additional photos under other conditions (ie- light, weather, etc.) can provide a whole different perspective. Many times I've swapped out my own photos when conditions were different the second time around and the new photo had more detail, especially with worn stones. If you are the owner of that memorial and don't want someone else's photos just ask and I will remove it. Likewise, if you have a photo to add to mine that can help enhance the memorial, please feel free to contribute.
5) Please show proper etiquette when it comes to people volunteering their time and gas. A simple thank you goes a long way. If you want multiple monuments photographed, please take the time to create a memorial for each person rather than attach a message to one request asking for multiple photos or "everyone else in that cemetery with the same surname."
6) Through my publisher I have published over a dozen books just on cemetery transcriptions alone, taking the time to carefully transcribe hundreds of cemeteries. I've noticed that people have taken that work to enter memorials "en masse" and are then uncooperative when it comes to transferring, correcting, linking and editing these memorials for family members and other researchers. This is not a numbers game so I would encourage a team approach in this project.
7) I will post obituaries to my memorials as long as the proper citation is made to give the proper credit for the source. If family members want their information private, then they should consider not having it published in the local newspaper/website and funeral home website. There is no legal expectation to privacy when the information has been made public. Death certificates are public record as well. As long as these sources are properly cited there should not be an issue in regards to copyright laws.
I appreciate all of the hard work my fellow volunteers and contributors have made to this site!
|Find A Grave Friends|
Amanda Smith, b g, Barb Kopshina, Barbara Farlow, Bill Daugherty, Caral, Charles Patters..., Connie Meeks Du..., Daryl & Barbar..., deanna mardis- ..., Emily Marsh, Harold howell, Judy Jones, Kim "Karns" Bow..., Kim Brown, Lori , Michael S. Cald..., Michelle ԁ..., MKoestler, Mona Anderson, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for Brian J. Ensley (2560)||[Leave Message]|
|dennym||St. Columba's Cemetery-Rodgers Family|
Hi Mr. Ensley,
I saw a request by you on Facebook from last year in regards to St. Columba's Cemetery. Many of my Rodgers ancestors are buried at this cemetery including the matriarch Grace Sharkey Rodgers, my 3rd g-grandmother. Unfortunately I do not have any photos of the family, but know the relationship of most of the Rodgers family buried at St. Columba's. Contact me if you are in need of additional info. Dennis McDowell.
Added by dennym on Jan 31, 2015 9:13 AM
|S M||OLIVE GLORY YODER|
Brian, baby Yoder was stillborn and I recently found her and added her to her part of my family tree. I try to add as much info for my ancestors that I am able to determine to be accurate but for the babies it is often nothing much to add so I try to add all that I can to give them the presence they deserve. In this case I was delighted to find this adorable grave stone photographed by you on her Find A Grave memorial. I want to thank you for giving permission in advance to use the photos for the ancestry tree page. I will definitely note the photo is yours and used with permission. After my mother passed I became the family historian and have been doing this for some years now but in earnest for 5 yrs. The family "finds" just keep coming but the brick walls remain for a few. God bless your work and thank you so much for the use of this photo. Hette (Find A Grave~SM)
Added by S M on Jan 30, 2015 2:54 PM
|Mark Lehman||RE: Willa Wright Bosser|
Sorry I'm sending these messages out of order. I'm assuming the children for Willa were unknown to you when you created #117388655. How do I add #117388655 to my mothers memorial? can't seem to find a tab to enter siblings.
|Mary Jane Haight-Eckert||Emma (Terry) Burdick|
Thank you Brian. I appreciate the transfer.
|Margaret Reed Maryott||Joseph Owen Thomas-#77260404|
Hi Brian, Thank you for responding so quickly for my
request of a photo for Joseph. Now I can read the information so much better. May I have your permission to use it in my genealogy records? You will be given full credit for the photo. Again, thank you and God bless you for your help, Margaret
Will keep you posted.
|Mark Lehman||RE: Willa Wright Bosser|
Brian thats what I did ! Edit tab-additions and corrections. Help!! Mark
Thank you very much for taking Margaret Faint marker for me.
Added by Karen on Jan 27, 2015 12:42 PM
|Marvin & Samme Templin||RE: Liphart Requests|
Stay safe and no rush on our part.
|Marvin & Samme Templin||Liphart Requests|
Thanks for filling our requests.
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service