Please do NOT add death certificate images to my memorials, thank you.
Hello! I started my family history research in 1973 and have been at it ever since. The surnames on which I have compiled extensive data (and still actively research) include: Bell, Burleson, Curry, Dilts, Gourley, Grube, Hopkins, Jordan, Kinter, Krasovic (Krašovec), Looker, Matjašič, McDaniel, McLaughlin, Means, Newcom(e), Otzel, Postle(th)wait(e), Redding, Speedy, Sprankle, Stear, Tauber, Težak, Varner and Walter. Since 2006 I have been working almost exclusively on tracing all descendants of the various Sprankle families that settled in (or moved through) the Punxsutawney area in the early 1800s.
Genealogy is a two-way street. We learn more ourselves and add to our own research by sharing and helping others. Please contact me if you are related to any of the persons whose memorials I manage. And please contact me for more information on any of the surnames I research.
If you wish to copy any gravestone or "people" picture that I have posted or that has been posted "Courtesy of Don Ludwig" by another contributor, ask first.
Please note these comments/requests (based on numerous inaccurate edits and differences of opinion):
1. I will accept all edits that are correct and for which I can find original proof (easily) at either Ancestry or FamilySearch. It is always appreciated if you not only enter the edit but also send me an Email with the original proof, especially if I won't be able to find it myself!
2. Do not assume that the Last Residence on an SSDI record is the place of death. Often it is not.
3. Mailing addresses are NOT always the actual location; mailing addresses often extend city/town limits, e.g.:
- the Community General Osteopathic Hospital has been in Lower Paxton Twp., Dauphin Co., PA since 1970 (in Harrisburg from 1951-1970)
- the Holy Spirit Hospital is in East Pennsboro Twp., Cumberland Co., PA (not in Camp Hill)
- the Indiana Memorial Hospital is in White Twp., Indiana Co., PA (not in Indiana)
- Jefferson Manor is in Pine Creek Twp., Jefferson Co., PA (not in Brookville)
Don't assume, check!
4. Should a military rank (e.g., PVT, LTC) be included as the prefix to a name? If a person died in service or used the rank after retirement (discharge) as part of his/her name, then it is appropriate; otherwise, it is not. A person's service can be mentioned in the bio text, obituary, etc. (somewhere else), since it is, of course, a part of the person's life.
5. Do not "invent" proof and add it as a picture to a memorial. Some family histories are accurate, some are not, so be careful and use other sources to verify information as well. Do not type up your own "proof" and then add it as a picture.
6. Do not use "virtual flowers" to post, correct or add to the information presented: that is not their purpose.
Write to me. I am always happy to learn more and make any needed corrections. Thank you for your consideration!
To Find-a-Grave Admin: In the case of my demise, please transfer all my memorials to Margaret Sopp (#46619622). Thank you.