For questions msg. me,include a contact e-mail separate from this site.
Click my cem photos for all info concerning them. I try for best pics/info/updates. If you post this credit this source. Thank you.
*ALL MEMORIAL PHOTOS HAVE PERMISSION TO BE USED FOR GENERAL PURPOSES W/PROPER CREDIT USING MEMBER NUMBER 47533410. Thank you.
*Family photographs have NO permission being from various collections. Photos I add courtesy of others also do NOT have permission.
Should you find anything of interest e-mail me separate from this site. Info received for all posts will be credited and dated/updated unless requesting not to be identified.
If I missed any THANK YOU'S for those helping me w/my southern search please know it's unintentional and very much appreciated!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
Schuylkill & Columbia Co. CEMS PHOTOGRAPHED IN *ENTIRETY OR EVERYTHING TO BE FOUND, AND/OR MARKED CURRENT AS OF 8/2016 INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. BICKEL'S/REED'S-private (some land POSTED, little-no maintenance, preserved), Ashland*
2. CITIZEN, Ashland*, (maintenance yearly to preserve, 1/20/2017, new owner info, current).
3. DEEP CREEK RD.-marked private, it is associated w/Church of Christ in Christian Union, Weishample*, current
4. NEW ST. MAURITIUS AKA GERMAN CATHOLIC, Ashland*, current
5. GREEN'S FARM-private (POSTED Enforced, maintained to preserve), Lavelle*
6. IOOF, Centralia, Columbia Co.*, current
7. KLASE-private (POSTED Enforced, not maintained yearly), Ashland*
8. McINTYRE, Catawissa, Columbia Co.
9. NEW ST. JOSEPH, Ashland*, current
10. SCHEUREN'S FIELD-private (POSTED Enforced, maintained to preserve, hunting area), Lavelle*
11. WEIKEL'S-private (POSTED Enforced, lies w/in Hunting area, not maintained, heavily overgrown), Cameron, Northumberland Co.*
12. YARNELL'S-semi private, Weishample*, current
13. ZION LUTHERAN AKA LUTHERAN, (Altamont section) Frackville*, current
14. OLD ST. MAURITIUS, Ashland-all transcriptions by Schuylkill Vital Records to 1989-completed.
**NOTE: Check NEW St. Mauritius, Ashland before making posts for St. Mauritius Cemetery. Many already up, most likely to be in newer cem. Try to determine this if possible first.
15. OLD ST. JOSEPH, Ashland, SVR transcriptions to 1989 completed. NOTE: Same applies-Please check your entries to make sure they are correct to avoid duplicates.
16. IOOF AKA "WILDCAT", Girardville*-SVR transcriptions, pics completed.
17. (OLD) ST. JOSEPH, Girardville-(POSTED-Enforced). This cem is highly overgrown on hillside, in bad overall condition due to age, neglect, ground subsidence, weather, vandalism. Pics up document it's current state. Possible duplicates due to described damage. Plots w/out markers put up as such & repeated efforts made to identify. It can only be accessed few times a yr. May be the ONLY thing left as nature has taken it back. ABANDONED. Burial locations listed from visual ID and/or using hand-drawn map, burial transcripts taken from original records of over 3000 burials and Girardville Historical Society.
18. ST. IGNATIUS, Centralia, Columbia Co. Newer section (north).
19. CHURCH OF GOD, Weishample, *Check entries, some have shown up in SALEM UNITED BRETHREN cem up the road that belong here. They're very close on same side of rd.
21. (NEW) HOLY ROSARY, (Englewood section) Frackville-western/new side cem only
22. ANNUNCIATION B.V.M., (Englewood Section) Frackville *Burials could show in New H.R., St. Vincent-St. Louis, others in Englewood, didn't org. have it's own land but is mostly Lithuanian Catholic.
23. Ss. PETER & PAUL'S POLISH (of St. Clair), at Port Carbon. All pics courtesy of J. Vaughn.
24. ST. PAUL'S LUTHERAN, Middleport-partial
*My pics are TRUE to locations. I know my area well being born and raised here. If I can help someone I will try my best, just ask.
**NOTE: Check entries before posting for following CEMS in ENGLEWOOD section of FRACKVILLE, these include:
1. St. Vincent DePaul of Girardville
2. St. Louis/Our Lady of Siluva of Maizeville
3. New Holy Rosary, Maizeville/Frackville
4. *Old/New St. Joseph of Frackville
Many may be associated w/the "Foot patches/towns/sections" of Girardville to Mahanoy Plane, Gilberton, Maizeville-SOME PATCHES NO LONGER EXIST DUE TO EXTENSIVE MINING. Best to check ALTAMONT section, Frackville of OLD H.R. & OLD St. Joe's FIRST for BURIALS from THESE CHURCHES, then Englewood. There are other CEMS located in ENGLEWOOD section, these get most attention, as does Annunciation BVM.
2014: Info for Old & New St. Joseph Cems of Frackville-BOTH located in ENGLEWOOD, as is NEW H.R. Cemetery. Only OLD Holy Rosary located in Altamont.
BOTH O.H.R./Old St. Joseph TRANSCRIBED as located in Altamont by SVR-any burial locations for memorials listed by me for Altamont taken from SVR, pics are true to location.
*Finally a HUGE THANK YOU to those who supply the info and get me out when I can-All things Schuylkill: Schuylkill Vital Records (SVR), Joanne Vaughn, Peggy Scully (RIP) & L. Merritt, CARETAKERS, local residents, friends, Historical Societies, libraries, churches, f/g, anyone willing to share info or tag along w/me. Beth (esp. Citizens, Ashland), Carrie, Wendy & Robert Miller w/all things Columbia, Northumberland Co's. Terry, Laura and Emily for their INVALUABLE help w/southern searches! Joan, Mike, Lorraine, southern cems, pics. Others who have helped you are NOT forgotten-GOD BLESS & THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!
All other kindnesses regarding transfers of family members and information supplied-THANK YOU!!!
*AS OF JULY 1, 2015: ST. JOSEPH, ST. MAURITIUS OF ASHLAND; ST. JOSEPH, ST. VINCENT DE PAUL OF GIRARDVILLE; OUR LADY OF GOOD COUNCIL OF GORDON, WILL CONSOLIDATE INTO THE NEW ST. CHARLES BORROMEO PARISH LOCATED AT ST. JOSEPH ASHLAND. CONCLUDES ACTION BY ALLENTOWN DIOCESE SINCE 2008 AFFECTING 32 SCHUYLKILL CO. CHURCHES.
*NOTE: Birth/Death listings for Miner's Hosp., State Hosp. or Fountain Springs Hosp. Butler Twp., Ashland Hospital, Ashland State/General, Ashland Regional Medical Center, St. Catherine's R.M.C. are all SAME hospital, now closed & is a Ft. Springs listing.
*Aug. 2008: Pottsville Hospital & Warne Clinic (formerly Pottsville Hospital) and Good Samaritan (formerly Good Samaritan Hospital) Region Medical Center became known as E. Norwegian St. campus and Pottsville Hospital renamed S. Jackson St. campus of Schuylkill Health System (SHS).
*Sept. 2016: SHS became Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) as SMC-E. Norwegian St., LVH-Schuylkill E. Norwegian St. and Schuylkill Medical Center became LVH-Schuylkill S. Jackson St.
Geisinger Medical Center also has satellite systems within Schuylkill, surrounding counties and throughout N.E. Pa. Edits made as rec'd. I've no problem w/added death certs, they may be only record of a loved one, esp. children. SAME FOR MEMORIALS, ANY INFO THAT CAN BE READ OFF OF THEM SHOULD BE ADDED BEFORE IT'S FOREVER LOST.