Hello - I am Eric, have been researching family since 1985, and been using Find A Grave for over 20 years with an emphasis on preservation of accurate family information vs speed and quality using innovative improvement of the tools at the disposal of like minded researchers everywhere vs. quantity of memorials. PLEASE DON'T BE A "SWOOPER" and respect grieving immediate family members before setting up memorials here and pasting in them copied info from recent obituaries. It's inconsiderate not to do so without the permission of the spouse, kids, parents, or other closest survivors of the deceased relative who deserve dibs on memorials per the Findagrave rules within four generations. Done with my SOAPBOX...
I have been a dedicated active member of Findagrave since its early incorporated beginnings in 2000.
My additional skills most relevant to family research include, but are not limited to
1. Being seasoned third consecutive generation active duty veteran (1992 - 2000 )
2. Being a former U.S. Air Force first responder (police and EMT)
3. Being a former public death services provider (2000 - 2003) and contracted wartime Army casualty office supervisor (2005 - 2006)
4. Managing supervisor of corporate records and information (2006 - 2009) and U.S. Federal Archives public servant (2011 - Present)
5. One who has lost, grieved, and handled multiple lifetimes of family members estate affairs with the utmost respect, care, and due diligence in a very short time frame both parents in 1999, a grandmother in 1999, last grandparent in 2000, brother-in-law in 2014, Aunt in 2018, and even a resulting law suit in 2003 - 2006, I grasp the depths of both the importance and personal meaning of protection and preservation of family members rights, and precious legacies until their very last breath and beyond into the priceless posterity which remains a new moral anchor to our own souls beyond their departure from this world.
"Honor your word - it defines your character in both depth and duration"
2014 - Present
Genedocs Founder / Template Design Manager
Social Media Administrator for 10,000+ like minded members of Facebook templates group.
- Added 1,274 members in group's first 48 hours with 99.99% retention
Author/Site Manager of The Valiant Quest
(105+ biographical linked web pages)
1999 - 2003
- If you don't share and neither do I, then all family history may be forgotten within just a few generations in the resulting disrespect and dishonor.
MY RECENT ANCESTRY (Five generations)
JELLE..........CO, SD, MN
HJODLO.........Hardanger, NORWAY back to 1600's
NELSON/NIELSEN....SD, MN, IA, DENMARK
SWANSON/SWENSON...TX, MO, Hogsby, SWEDEN
DAWES..........TX, IL, KY, VA?, MD?, D.C.
TUCKER.........OK, TX, AL, GA?
GAUSE..........TX, AL, NC
THRASHER/DRESCHER...IL, VA, PA, Elmendingen, GERMANY
THRASHER2...........TX, AL, TN, ?
My techniques and networking methods have resulted in one international family reunion, a wealth of family photos spanning up to and over six generations beyond my own, and the pleasure of contributing to the success of researchers around the globe mainly with the innovative Genedocs forms library including a Life Legacy Changing Forms Series.
The Genedocs group I administer is on Facebook where I also periodically manage the Family Research page.
Good luck on your family research/genealogy/family history efforts!