- Member for
- 3 years · 6 months · 29 days
- Find a Grave ID
As the name implies, I mostly will go to cemeteries in Vermont, though some in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and New York if I have a vested interest. I make all of my memorials by actually visiting the grave and verifying it is there. I do not make memorials not associated with a cemetery. Given the vast number of incorrect memorials - wrong cemeteries, "unknown" cemetery, etc., if you are creating memorials, I would encourage you to do the same.
I also research and update all of my memorials, though I may be behind in doing so if I have a huge backlog. Send an edit if there's an update I haven't gotten to yet. I GPS tag all of my memorials using the app if there's cell service, as well as any already existing memorials if I went there to visit it or to take a picture if none existed. I've noticed the GPS tag isn't always 100% accurate and the grave may actually be up to 50 feet away from the tagged location.
I've GPS tagged, photographed and created memorials (if not already present) for all stones I could find for the following cemeteries. I do not claim these are 100% complete as some stones are broken/unreadable, and I may have missed a few.:
- Eaton Cemetery in Marshfield, VT (Completed July 2019)
- Fairview Cemetery in Bethel, VT (July 2020)
- Hope Cemetery in Barre, VT (August 2020 - missed GPS for ~100 of 9300)
- Cheney Cemetery in Washington, VT (August 2020)
- Plainfield Center Cemetery in Plainfield, VT (August 2020)
- Cabot Village Cemetery in Cabot, VT (September 2020)
- Noyesville Cemetery in Walden, VT (October 2020)
- St. Monicas Cemetery in Barre, VT (November 2020)
- Pine Hill Cemetery in Sharon, VT (April 2021)
- Hillside Cemetery in Norwich, VT (April 2021)
- Havens Cemetery in South Royalton, VT (April 2021)
- Fairlee Village Cemetery in Fairlee, VT (Sept 2021)
- Brookfield Cemetery in Brookfield, VT (Sept 2021)
These do not include stones for living people; I will generally not create a memorial for someone if they are still alive, even if their name is on a stone.
I welcome any updates you have for my memorials so feel free to send them. I'll need to verify the information first.
I'll only transfer a grave if I get a request and its not in my family tree somehow, or I don't have any other vested interest in it. I'll treat each request individually and I reserve the right to retain ownership as I see fit. You must have the person as a direct ancestor within four generations for me to consider transferring.
No Find a Grave members followed yet.