Pattie Carter - Davis
- Member for
- 8 years · 11 months · 13 days
- Find a Grave ID
Have been researching my Families History since 1992. Since the better development of Find A Grave website and all the work that many wonderful people have put into it. I have decided to connect my families together that are listed within, so others who stop in for a visit may connect.
The Memorials that I hold is of my very own family and/or Family Lines that I research. My research only consists of my DIRECT LINES and my husbands DIRECT LINES.
ADDITONAL NOTES: Genealogy Copyright laws does NOT allow people to copyright NAMES, DATES and PLACES.
What is Not Copyrightable
1. Tombstone information -- Wording found on a Tombstone itself can not be copyrighted.
2. Public Records
3. Public information is not copyrightable, however a compilation of that information can be copyrighted.
4. Dates of Birth, Marriage, and Death, along with the Names are ordinarily not copyrightable.
5. Census Data
6. It is a "legal fact" that "facts" are not copyrightable, although their arrangement in a manner other than alphabetical may be copyrightable. "Facts" are not copyrightable -- that is, they are unprotectable elements -- and the bulk of genealogical CD data is factual vital-statistics data that reside in the public domain from the beginning. They are not taken out of the public domain by being included in a copyrighted work.
Public Domain Materials
Public Domain material includes but is not limited to the following:
1. Material where the copyright has expired.
2. All public records
3. Materials published using public funds can not be copyrighted.
4. Works consisting entirely of information that is common property containing no original, and lists or tables taken from public documents or other common sources.