Join me in celebrating the life of Lisette "Lizzie" Netler, MY family member who ESCAPED Nazi Germany. Her family evaporated into the heavens via one crematorium or the other. NEVER AGAIN et NEVER FORGET!
"We live as long as we are remembered"......paraphrased Jewish proverb
Hopefully, my work is interpreted as a remembrance of antecedents.
In my opinion, as civilized people, we have a duty to share knowledge of those who came before us. While I follow the
census records with vigor and rigor, I do not clutter the memorials with them.
I prefer learning socio-economic histories and studying the migration patterns and displacement of peoples. I am most interested in the social footprint of these people. DID THEY MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE? To me, that is more gratifying THAN creating numbers on FindaGrave.
Much of my FindaGrave time is allocated to "linking" the family members, as explained above.
A most helpful link to tombstone symbols:
INSCRIPTION INDELIBLY INSCRIBED IN MY HEART:
"There are those who are alive, yet never live. There are those who are dead, yet will live forever. Great deeds inspire and encourage the living."
.... from the memorial of American hero James Chaney.(#6442194) I invite others to visit this memorial and share James Chaney's life
The Martyred Trio James Chaney, Andrew Goodman, and Michael "Mickey" Schwerner shall never be forgotten.
Blessings in Peace
1) Some of the photos I shared show MY toes.
2) I have removed most "friends." It appears that contributors with less than 10,000 memorials are SHADOWED, including yours truly.
3) Kindly contact me prior to posting Death Certificates on the memorials I create or sponsor. .
4) Census records are from ancestry.com which is a paid subscription.
5) I vet proposed edits. Edits with verification attached will expedite my processing :-)
6) Demonstrate good manners. It certainly reflects on your "up-bringing"
7) I ADMIT TO FALLIBILITY
8) Regarding my apparent shadow: This subject places gaudy bouquets with superfluous hearts and messages of love on my memorials. Said shadow is neither a friend nor a relative.
DO NOT SEND AN EDIT WITHOUT VERIFICATION. DO NOT POST DEATH Certificates.
Your polite private correspondence is encouraged. Collaborative projects are welcomed. Just send me an email.