Join me in celebrating the life of Lisette "Lizzie" Netler, MY family member who ESCAPED Nazism in Germany. Her family evaporated into the heavens via one crematorium or the other. NEVER AGAIN et NEVER FORGET!
"We live as long as we are remembered"......paraphrased Jewish proverb
I prefer learning socio-economic histories and studying the migration patterns and displacement of peoples. To me, that is more gratifying THAN creating numbers on FindaGrave.
Much of my FindaGrave time is allocated to "linking" the family members, as explained above.
A most helpful link to tombstone symbols:
INSCRIPTION INDELIBLY INSCRIBED IN MY HEART:
"There are those who are alive, yet never live. There are those who are dead, yet will live forever. Great deeds inspire and encourage the living."
.... from the memorial of American hero James Chaney.(#6442194) I invite others to visit this memorial and share James Chaney's life
The Martyred Trio James Chaney, Andrew Goodman, and Michael "Mickey" Schwerner shall never be forgotten.
2014 was the 50th anniversary of Summer Freedom.
We ALL stand on their shoulders.
Do consider funding the professional cleaning and restoration of our aging tombstones/monuments....
and support FindaGrave with the $5.00 contributions to sponsor memorials.
Currently researching LEFFINGWELL and UNCAS. Input, including hypotheses, encouraged.
Blessings in Peace
1) Some of the photos I shared show MY toes.
2) I have removed my "friends." It appears that contributors with less than 10,000 memorials are shadowed, including yours truly. (The one remaining friend/cousin is DECEASED).
3) Kindly refrain from posting Death Certificates on the memorials I create or sponsor. This is usually viewed as superfluous and a strategy for manifesting your sense of self-importance.
4) Census records are from ancestry.com which is a paid subscription.
5) I vet proposed edits. Edits with verification attached will expedite my processing :-)
6) I ADMIT TO FALLIBILITY
DO NOT SEND AN EDIT WITHOUT VERIFICATION. DO NOT POST DEATH Certificates.
Your polite private correspondence is encouraged. Collaborative projects are welcomed. Just send me an email.