Each time I create a memorial I delight in thinking that it may someday provide valuable information to a genealogist or comfort to a loved one.
Transfers - Please use the "Edit" tab on the memorial, send a "Suggest any other correction" message including your "ID number", I'm more than happy to transfer memorials as per FAG rules which are your siblings, parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. If your relationship to the deceased is not listed, please consider adding the memorial to one of your virtual cemeteries, and use the edit functions to add additional info to the memorial I created.
If FAMILY MEMBERS wish to have a memorial deleted I will do so, no questions asked.
Some dates/names on the headstones are hard to read. If you can help, please click the Edit tab at the top and input the changes. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated in the completion of "Unknown" and incomplete memorials.
If you add a headstone photo to a memorial that is SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER than mine (FAG rules), please let me know so I can delete mine. FAG is a collaborative effort and each memorial should be a tribute to the memory of the deceased, not the ego of the contributor. Note: FAG advises "close-ups of portions of the headstone are not necessary if the information is clearly visible in the main photo"
Volunteer contributors spend countless hours creating memorials after visiting cemeteries, photographing headstones and obtaining burial information. I am sure everyone would like to know their efforts are appreciated. I know I do.
A big "Thank You" goes out to everyone who sends any info and links for the memorials I've added.
Thank you to:
- Alberta Genealogical Society Lethbridge Branch for:
- Lethbridge, AB grave locations and unmarked grave details.
- Foremost, AB death records.
- Fort Macleod, AB cemetery records.
AGS (Lethbridge) has a phenomenal amount of info on file including neatly catalogued obituaries - please support them, if possible. Ph: (403)328-9564 http://lethbridgeags.theboss.net/
- Vulcan & District Historical Society for access to all of the Vulcan County Cemetery records. They also have a huge amount of info on file and are incredibly helpful. Ph: (403) 485-2168 http://vulcancountyhistory.com/author/vulcan-and-district-historical-society/
- Granum for providing plot numbers and unmarked grave details.
- everyone that made it possible for the creation of memorials for burials at Mountain View and Garden View Cemeteries in Calgary.
- everyone that made finding and documenting all the cemeteries in Forty Mile County possible. Thank you Kathie, you made the dusty gravel roads we travelled fun!
- Kootenai Brown Pioneer Village Genealogy Club their support plus all the Pincher Creek Newspaper articles & Obituaries
CEMETERY RECORDS- for St Patrick's in Lethbridge & both Pincher Creek cemeteries were destroyed in the 1950s - separate incidents - water damage & fire. Records have been partially reconstructed from memory, newspaper obits/reports and funeral home records.