C M Wagner
- Member for
- 5 years · 9 months · 15 days
- Find A Grave ID
I continue to search for ancestors from Germany, having very little information to go on.
Just wonder where is our connection, that's yet to be discovered.
My great-great grandfather Fredrick Wagner arrived in USA in 1828, age 16 as a stowaway on a ship. b. 01/26/1812 Bavaria, Germany. d. 7/29/1884 USA, Mulvane, Ks, Sumner County. Tombstone: El Paso Cemetery. Derby, Sedgwick County, Kansas. However buried on the farm S. of Mulvane, KS.
· As a kid stories were told by my family, of Fredrick's journey to United States and then to Kansas. Some of our family provided information for this book: "MULVANE City Of The Valley" 1879-1977. MULVANE HISTORICAL SOCIETY, Mulvane, Kansas. Family members are now deceased.
· Fredrick Wagner & his two daughters; Katherine (Wagner) Ehret and Charlotte (Wagner) West, had a tailoring business in Philadelphia, PA.
o We have no information for Katherine & Charlotte Wagner, mother.
· In 1852 Fredrick married Amelia Emerling, they had 7-children (Frederick, Helen, Carrie, Curtis, Jennie, Robert, Frank).
· Fredrick & Emerling Wagner resided in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States until 1870, when they came to Mulvane, Ks, Sumner County KS. Katherine & Charlotte continued to reside in PA.