Family is forever! That is a lesson I learned at a young age when my grandparents exposed me to their pride in their family history. Their enthusiasm sparked an interest in me to explore and learn more on my own.
I have always been interested in who I am and where I came from. Delving into tracing my ancestors is one of the most exciting, challenging, FUN, insightful, delicious and intriguing things I will ever do. It has become more than a hobby – it has become a passion and an obsession, but the good kind! It's like going home to a place I've never been before, and like meeting family for the first time and having a feeling I've always known them.
Let me introduce you to my family, and you'll get to know us better. I am Robert Joseph Crayton, aka "Coach K9", Southern born in New Orleans, LA and Southern raised in Graham, Alamance County, NC, and I was married to the lovely Julia Barbara Anderson (23 Feb 1952 - 25 Jun 2008) from San Diego, CA. We had two cats, Patches and Pepper, and three dogs, Tanya (Sheltie), Teddi (All-American) and Joey (Aussie). My parents are Billy F. Crayton and Katherine L. Lasseigne. They had two boys, and my brother is Ricky J. Crayton.
My grandparents were:
• John Wesley Crayton and Nellie Blanche Rosson. They had 7 children
• Harvey Joseph Lasseigne and Marie Bernice Lasseigne. They had 6 children
• Johnnie K. Lipsey and Ora Mary Berry. They had one son and one adopted son
My great grandparents were:
• Joseph Creighton/Crayton and Exanna Pennington. They had two boys
• J.E. Rosson and Elizabeth "Lizzie" Brown. They had 5 children
• Theodore Abel Lasseigne and Leah Theresa Boudreaux
• Valfroy "Val" Beauregard Rodriguez and Lorenza Daigle
• Silas Lipsey and Florence Raines
• Midas Pettigrew Berry and Hattie E. Griffin
My 2nd great grandparents were:
• Robert "Bob" Chatham Crayton and Martha Ann Crayton
• Gray W. Pennington and C. Frances "Fannie"
• Martha A. Rosson
• Margaret M. Walker-Brown
• Jean Abel Lasseigne and Agnes Doliska Keller
• Armogene Boudreaux
• Philogan Rodriguez and Marcilla
• Cleophus Daigle and Celeste Foret
My 3rd great grandparents were:
• Pierre Evariste Lasseigne and Anne Marie Celeste Vicnair
• Victorin Keller and Marie Catherine Roussel
• Marcelien Daigle and Adeline Palaski
My 4th great grandparents were:
• Andre Lasseigne and Marie Charlotte Vicnair
• Antoine Vicnair and Dorothea Scholastique Cuvillier
• Son Keller and Jennie
• Honore Roussel and Anastasie Deslattes
• Luis Mauricio Daigle and Maria Anastasia Breaux
"Every man is a quotation from all of his ancestors." – Ralph Waldo Emerson
REMEMBER ME IN THE FAMILY TREE –
MY NAME, MY DAYS, MY STRIFE;
THEN I'LL RIDE UPON THE WINGS OF TIME
AND LIVE AN ENDLESS LIFE.