Mary Ann Hudnall is the daughter of Thomas Hudnall and Mary Ann Stricklen/Strickler/Strickling.
Mary Ann is 1 of 8 known children of Thomas and Mary Ann Hudnall. Her siblings are:
• Elizabeth "Betsey" Hudnall Lathey (1783-1853)
• Joseph Hudnall (1785-1835)
• Susannah "Susan" Hudnall Spangler (1790-1855)
• Judah Hudnall (1792-1864)
• Drusilla Hudnall Gobson Carsey (1796-1845)
• William Hudnall (1798-1863)
• Thompson H. Hudnall (1801-1880)
In April 1808, Mary Ann married Samuel H. Bolin in Fauquier County, Virginia. The family name is found both as "BOLIN" and "BOLEN".
Per the 1850 U.S. Census, Mary and Samuel Bolin resided in Alexander Township, Athens County, Ohio. Listed are 2 children and Mary's sister:
-Samuel Bolin, age 64, born Virginia
-Mary Bolin, age 60, born Virginia
-Martilla Bolin, age 20, born Ohio
-Thomas Bolin, age 17, born Ohio
-Judah Hudlin *, age 58, born Virginia
Per the 1860 U.S. Census, Mary and Samuel Bolin resided in Alexander Township, Athens County, Ohio. Listed are:
-Samuel Bowlen, age 74
-Mary Bowlen, age 71
-Judah Hudnall *, age 68
-Syrmulla Pierce, age 10
* NOTE: Per the LAST WILL & TESTAMENT OF THOMAS HUDNALL (Written: 27 May 1835, Proved: 16 Oct 1843)
"...Be it further remembered that all I have given my beloved wife more than she shall need in her lifetime is given in trust for my daughter Juda Hudnall who is non compos mentis."
Mary's husband, Samuel Bolin, died in November 1860.
Per the 1870 U.S. Census, Mary Bolin resided in Alexander Township, Athens County, Ohio. Listed are:
-Mary Bolen, age 80
-Civilla Pierce, age 19, Housekeeper
Samuel H Bolin