Benjamin's birth year varies in data from 1636 to 1650 in England or Wales.
Husband of Elizabeth Albro.
1. William Congdon born 1672, North Kingstown, RI, died February 9, 1761, North Kingstown, Washington, RI. He married Mary Brownell on March 3, 1698, RI. Children: William, Joseph, Margaret, Elizabeth and Abigail. Mary died in 1718. He married Margaret Brownell (Mary's sister) who died in 1754.
2. John Congdon born 1674, RI, died May 12, 1743, New London, CT. He married Mary Smith about 1700. She was born 1680, died 1709. Children: Jeremiah, Mary, John and James.
3. Benjamin Congdon born about 1676, RI, died October 11, 1756, North Kingstown, Washington, RI. He married Frances Stafford in 1701. She was born about 1679, Warwick, RI. Children: Benjamin, Frances, Joseph, John, Sarah, William, James, Elizabeth, Mary, Susannah and Stukeley Congdon.
4. Susanna Congdon born about 1678, North Kingstown, RI, died about 1725, RI (according to Northup family data). She married David Northup about 1701. Children: Stephen, Benjamin, David Jr, Elizabeth, Capt. Robert and Ann Tibbets Northup.
5. Elizabeth Congdon born 1682, North Kingstown, RI, died 1732, North Kingstown. She married John Wells 1700-1701, RI. Children: John, Benjamin, Mercy Whitford, Elizabeth Sweet, Susanna Wells and an unknown female Wells. John was born 1676 Jamestown, RI, died 1732, North Kingstown, RI. "He is buried on his farm in Kingstown." Descendants of Peter Wells of the Line of Joshua Wells" by A.J. Wright.
6. James Congdon born April 19, 1686, Kingstown, RI, died Sept. 27, 1757, Charlestown, RI. He married 3 times. He married Margaret Eldred (daughter of Samuel and Martha Knowles). They had 9 children: James, Penelope, Benjamin, Samuel, William, John, Elizabeth, Martha and Margaret Congdon. After Margaret died in 1728, James remarried. He married Dorcas Westcott: daughter of Benjamin and Bethiah (nee: Gardiner) Westcott. Children: Ephraim, Dorcas and Joseph. He married Mary Taylor Hoxsie/Hoxie (daughter of Robert and Deborah and widow of Joseph Hoxsie) on November 15, 1739, at her residence in Charlestown. Mary was born 1703, died ?. Children: Robert, Susannah and Phebe Congdon.
"The first notice found of Benjamin Congdon is in the Records of Portsmounth, R.I., under date of June 16th 1670, where he is proposed to become a freeman (or voter). He married Elizabeth Albro, the daughter of Major John Albro; she received as a bequest from her father 50 shillings in English money, 1 bolster case, 1 pair of sheets and 2 pewter platters. Benjamin Congdon bought land of the original proprietors (the Indians) at Potaquamscut, R.I., Sept. 22nd 1671. In his will, which is dated July 2, 1715, he mentions his wife, Elizabeth Congdon and his loving sons William, John, Benjamin and James. His daughters were Elizabeth Wells and Susannah Anthony" (Congdon family data).
His burial in Congdon Hill Cemetery appears in Family data taken from the "The History of Montville" (CT), Congdon families. "The old Congdon Burial Ground is at Congdon Hill, near Wickford; and here are laid this ancestor of the race in America, his wife and many descendants." UNMARKED GRAVES