- William Thomas Kohlenberg [1872–1946]
- Georgia (Turner) Kohlenberg [1893–1933]
U.S. Army, WWII
Died in a house fire caused by careless cigarette smoking
The Frederick Post - December 18, 1968
Since the next of kin have been notified, Montgomery County Police have revealed that the two Gaithersburg men who died last week as a result of fire were Dewey Watkins, 70, and John Kohlenberg, 43. Watkins, owner of the five-room frame dwelling on Strawberry Knoll Road, and Kohlenberg, a day laborer, were believed to have died as the result of careless cigarette smoking. The body of one man was found near the door of the front room to which the fire was confined and the other man was found in a bed in an adjoining room, police said.
Sponsored by Ancestry