Son of William Augustus Chiswell and
Sarah Newton Fletchall
Husband of Leah Griffith
Married: April 27, 1847
1. William Greenberry Chiswell
2. Sarah Prudence Chiswell
3. Elizabeth Ellen Chiswell
4. Joseph Thomas Chiswell
5. Antoinette Griffith Chiswell
George W. Chiswell was a Captain in Lt. Col. Elijah Veirs White's "Comanches" - 35th Battalion, Virginia Cavalry, Company B, during the Civil War (Confederate States of America - CSA).
• Appointed Captain September 1, 1862.
• Wounded June 9, 1863 at Brandy Station.
• Took oath at Edwards Ferry, Maryland May 25, 1865
Confederate States of America
Leah Griffith Chiswell