Aaron married Abigail Adams Peters December 22, 1800. They had 10 children.
1.Tunis Peters b. December 19, 1801, Hampshire Co., VA; d. March 06, 1866; m. ANNA PENCE; b. 1807, Virginia; d. Unknown.
2. Francinah 'Fanny' b. January 03, 1804, Hampshire Co., VA (now WV); d. April 24, 1897, Ottawa, La Salle Co., IL; m. LEWIS B. KAGY, October 09, 1823, Ohio; b. January 15, 1798, Shenandoah Co., VA; d. May 12, 1872, Ottawa, La Salle Co., IL.
3. Mary 'Polly' b. 1806; d. 1810.
4. John Monroe b. January 02, 1809, Ohio; d. August 17, 1885; m. CATHERINE ARMSTRONG; b. Abt. 1812, Ohio; d. Unknown.
5. James Adams b. August 16, 1811, Ohio; d. January 24, 1879, Coles Co., IL; m. (1) MARY SHANE, Bef. 1833; b. Bet. 1806 - 1815; m. (2) REBECCA KAGY, November 10, 1836; b. November 16, 1811, Virginia; d. January 07, 1890.
6. Katherine b. March 26, 1814, Ohio; d. October 1891; m. SAMUEL WALTERS; b. Abt. 1812, Ohio; d. Unknown.
7. Eli Peters b. December 10, 1816, Pleasant twp., Fairfield Co., OH; d. November 26, 1906; m. (1) ADALINE SHAW, Aft. 1835; b. Bet. 1811 - 1831; d. September 09, 1849, Fairfield Co., OH; m. (2) MARY SHAW, May 01, 1851; b. February 20, 1829, Ohio; d. March 19, 1904.
8. Deborah b. May 26, 1819, Fairfield Co., OH; d. December 1897; m. DAVID Y. MCNAUGHTON; b. Bet. 1804 - 1824; d. Unknown.
9. Aaron b. 1821, Fairfield Co., OH.
10. Amelia b. August 19, 1823, Fairfield Co., OH; d. November 29, 1877, Ohio; m. WILLIAM CHERRY, May 11, 1843; b. March 10, 1811; d. February 15, 1869, Ohio.
Aaron Ashbrook was one of twelve children born to Mary Chenoweth and the Rev. Levi Ashbrook. He was born on January 07, 1780 in Hampshire Co., VA where Levi and Mary settled after their marriage, and there he grew into a young man. At the age of 20 he married there, the eighteen-year-old, Abigail Adams Peters, daughter of Tunis Peters and Francinah Addams. This was one of 4 marriages between the children of Mary and Levi and those of Tunis and Francinah, all occurring in Hampshire County. All four, along with Tunis and Francinah and other Peters family members, went to Fairfield Co., OH. Aaron and Abigail went by wagon in 1805, settling in Pleasant Township. They were Baptists, as were many of the Hampshire County Chenoweths. Aaron's father, Levi, had been a well-known Baptist minister of that area. Aaron and Abigail had ten children, the first two born in Hampshire County and the rest in Fairfield Co., OH. Aaron was a farmer and he and Abigail lived the rest of their long lives in Fairfield Co. Aaron died at his home at age 85 and Abigail, 11 years later, at the age of 94.
CENSUS: 1820 OH: Fairfield Co: Pleasant twp: page 97, 1830 OH: Fairfield Co: Pleasant twp: page 247, 1840 OH: Fairfield Co: Pleasant twp: page 319, 1850 OH: Fairfield Co: Pleasant twp: page 350
LOCATIONS: Hampshire Co., VA (now WV), Fairfield Co., OH
BOOKS: Harris page 238
Abigail Adams Peters Ashbrook