The second of eight children and oldest daughter born to John & Ruth (Beard) Gaither of South River, Anne Arundel Co MD, Ruth married John Warfield on 16 Feb 1696 at All Hallow's Church in Anne Arundel Co MD, the son of Captain Richard & Elinor (Browne) Warfield of Warfield Plantation in Anne Arundel Co MD.
American Marriages before 1699:
Name: Ruth Gaither
Spouse: John Warfield
Marriage Date: 16 Feb 1696
Marriage Place: South River, Maryland
At Warfields Plains, Anne Arundel Co MD, they raised nine children, six sons and three daughters.
All Hallows Parish Church Records:
"Ruthe ye Daugter of John. & Ruthe Gather his wife was borne ye 8. day of September Anno Domi 1679: in ye p.ish of Alhallows and Baptised".
One month after the death of her husband, Ruth had several of her children baptized the same day, 18 Aug 1718, at All Hallows Church: Alexander, Mary, Edward, Philip & Elinor. The youngest, Elinor, had been born that same year.
Ruth married secondly to Daniel Carter on 17 Jun 1719 in Anne Arundel Co MD.
Maryland Marriage Records 1634-1777:
Name: Ruth Warfield
Spouse's Name: Daniel Carter
Marriage Date: 17 Jun 1719
Marriage County: Anne Arundel
Children as recorded in 'Warfields of Maryland', All Hallow's Church Baptismal records, 'Founders of Anne Arundel and Howard Counties' &/or Maryland Marriage records:
1) Richard Warfield (1697-1765); m1. Marian Caldwell, m2. Sarah Gambrill, d/o Augustine & Sarah (Hall) Gambrill.
2) John Warfield Jr (1700-1776); m. Rachel Dorsey, d/o Captain Joshua & Anne (Ridgely) Dorsey.
3) Benjamin Warfield (1702-1769); m. Rebeckah Ridgely, d/o Judge Nicholas Greenbury & Sarah (Worthington) Ridgely.
4) Ruth Warfield (1703-aft 1749); m. Richard Davis, s/o Thomas & Mary (Pierpont) Davis.
5) Elinor Warfield (1705-1719); died young.
6) Alexander Warfield (c1707-bef 1766); m. Thomasine Worthington, d/o Major Thomas Howard & Elizabeth (Ridgely) Worthington.
7) Mary Warfield (b. 1709); m. Augustine Marriott, s/o John & Sarah (Acton) Marriott.
8) Edward Warfield (1710-1786); m. Rachel Riggs, d/o John & Mary (Davis) Riggs.
9) Philip Warfield (1713-?); m. Nancy Ann Purdy, parents as yet unknown.
1674–1718 (m. 1696)