IN THE VALLEY BELOW BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 7 AND 11, 1857, A COMPANY OF MORE THAN 120 ARKANSAS EMIGRANTS LED BY CAPT. JOHN T. BAKER AND CAPT. ALEXANDER FANCHER WAS ATTACKED WHILE EN ROUTE TO CALIFORNIA. THIS EVENT IS KNOWN IN HISTORY AS THE MOUNTAIN MEADOWS MASSACRE
ELIZA (INGRUM) FANCHER, 32*
* This is an error on the 1990 Mountain Meadows Dan Sill Hill Monument. She was actually 42 years old when she died.
* Please note that the names of the victims of the 1857 Mountain Meadows Massacre that appear in the MOUNTAIN MEADOWS GRAVE SITE listing are only of those who we have personally researched and verified as victims. In some cases this list will differ from the names that were inscribed on the 1990 Monument on Dan Sill Hill
- Maintained by: Mountain Meadows Association
- Originally Created by: Utah State Historical Society
- Added: 2 Feb 2000
- Find A Grave Memorial 60460
- Sponsored by Mountain Meadows Association
Find A Grave, database and images (https://www.findagrave.com : accessed ), memorial page for Elizabeth Ingram Fancher (1815–11 Sep 1857), Find A Grave Memorial no. 60460, citing Mountain Meadows Massacre Memorial, Mountain Meadows, Washington County, Utah, USA ; Maintained by Mountain Meadows Association (contributor 47057798) .