Plot 173 :
(side 1 of stone)
- In memory of, William Millar Sr., died Feb.26,1913, aged 94 years, born in Glasgow.
(side 2 of stone)
- In memory of Ellen Hood, wife of William Millar, died June 4,1890, aged 71 years. Born in Glasgow.
(side 3 of stone)
- In memory of James Millar, died Aug.25,1877, aged 34 years.
- Hugh Ferguson Millar, June 11,1859 - July 28,1937, aged 78 yrs, son of William Millar and Ellen Hood.
- his wife, Beatrice Mary Buchanan, born Apr.15,1887 at Box Hedge Lane, England, 2nd wife of Hugh Ferguson Millar, died Feb.17,1964, aged 77 yrs.
- Maggie Millar, sister of Hugh Ferguson Millar.
(names not on stone, information supplied by Mrs. David Dobbie).
Obituary - The Lanark Era - Mar.19,1913 -
Wm. Millar, sr.; Born in June 1819 in Gallingate, Scot., he was married in April 1839 to a lady of the same town. After three years living in Glasgow, they sailed for Canada, settling on Lot 7, Con 4, in North Sherbrooke. They had thirteen children; nine of whom survive; Hugh and Maggie, on the homestead; John, at Elphin; William, Dalhousie; Robert, Sandy, Bella, Ellen, and Bemege, of Minnesota. Mrs. Millar died in 1891. Burial in Crawford cemetery.