Samuel Requa, s. of Capt. Glode Requa and Amy Dean, b. Dec. 6, 1763 at Philipsburg (a.k.a. Philipse Manor) prob. at or near Greenburgh, Westchester County, NY. He d. June 18, 1826, Æ 63.
On an unknown date, prob. at the Sleepy Hollow RDC, Samuel m. Maria van Wart, dau. of Johannes van Wart and Rachel Blauvelt. She was bapt. in the year 1767 at the Sleepy Hollow RDC, and d. Sept. 10, 1838, Æ 71. They had the following twelve known children:
• i. Margaret Requa, b. Apr. 26, 1787 (calc. from g.s.); d. as an infant Feb. 17, 1791.
• ii. Glode Requa, b. in Oct. 1794 (g.s.) and d. unm. Mar. 6, 1878. He was a tailor and spent the better part of his adult life at Greenburgh, Westchester County, NY then later at Kendall, Orleans County, NY either as the head of his own house or with his widowed sister Amy (Requa) Wilsea.
• iii. John Requa, b. July 4, 1792; d. unm. Aug. 16, 1815.
• iv. Isaac Requa, a twin, b. circa 1695; d. unmarried.
• v. Capt. Jacob Requa, a twin, b. circa 1695; m. 1) Eliza Lawrence, 2) Mrs. Sarah Theall.
• vi. Barnett Requa; m. Rebecca C. Odell.
• vii. Susan Requa; m. James Leggett of Mount Pleasant, Westchester County, NY.
• viii. Clarissa M. Requa, b. circa Apr. 1803; d. unmarried.
• ix. Nathaniel Requa, b. circa 1809; d. unmarried.
• x. Mary Requa, b. circa 1812; d. unmarried.
• xi. Amy Requa, b. circa 1809; m. Warner O. Wilsea and resided at Orleans County, NY.
• xii. James Requa; m. Margaret L. Blanch.
Sources: "The Family of Requa" (1898) and Vol. I (Revised Ed.) of "The Blauvelt Family Genealogy" (1987), which contains an incomplete list of the children.
Samuel's gravestone is very eroded, but on the day he died he was 62 years old, and Ætatis (i.e., Æ, "Aged," in the XX year of his Age) 63.