Daughter of Francis and Alice (Savage) Thornton, Sr.
Wife of William Strother, III ~ married 1694, King George Co., VA
William (II) and Margaret (Thornton) Strother had 5 children and they were:
1. William Strother V (m. Margaret Watts)
2. Francis Strother (m. Susannah Dabney)
3. Benjamin Strother (m. Mary Mason, married 1st., George Fitzhugh)
4. Anthony Strother (m. 1st., Bethland Storke and 2nd., Mary James)
5. Elizabeth Strother (m. prob. Robert Kay)
"William and Margaret Strother were close friends and neighbors of Augustine Washington, father of Pres. George Washington." Their farms adjoined andafter the death of William Strother, two hundred eighty acres of this homestead with the with it's two-story (8 bedroom) house was sold to Augustine Washington and became a part of "Ferry Farm" and Pres. George Washingon spent some time here when he was young. By 1929 the house was still in good condition.
"The Thornton Family of England and Virginia," From Tyler's Quarterly, by John Nicklin (p. 4)
William B Strother
1653–1726 (m. 1694)