John Michael Boltz married Eleanor Veronica Firnssler about 1757 in Pennsylvania.
Resource: The Boltz/Puls/Pulse/Pults/Pultz Family of America published in January 1995 by Paul and Bea Boltz and Robert and Carolyn Gerard.
Michael served in the Revolutionary War as a Private, 3rd Class, 2nd Battalion Lancaster County Militia on tours of duty during 1777-1781 (Pennsylvania Archives, Fifth Series). Soon after the death of his father in 1785, Michael and his family moved to Berkeley County, Virginia (now West Virginia) where he bought 440 acres on the east side of the Opequon Creek for 800 pounds on January 10, 1788. Two years later, Michael and Eleanor gave 102 acres to their son David and sold another 100 acres and bought a lot in Smithfield for 15 pounds. Michael served as trustee of the Evangelists Lutheran Church in Smithfield. Michael wrote his will April 9, 1806 and died soon after as his will was proved in court on June 10, 1806.
John Michael and Elearnor are buried in the Union Cemetery, Middleway, Jefferson County, Virginia.
* JOHN MICHAEL BOLTZ, b. January 22, 1758, Lebanon, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania; d. January 1806, Berkley County, Virginia.
* JACOB FREDERICK BOLTZ, b. March 2, 1760
* CATHARINE SOPHIA BOLTZ, b. October 28, 1761
* MARY BARBARA BOLTZ, b. October 28, 1761
* JOHN PULSE, b. November 6, 1763
* GEORGE BOLTZ, b. November 19, 1765
* DAVID PULSE, b. March 12, 1768
* FREDERICK PULSE, b. November 11, 1769
* JOHN PETER BOLTZ, b. October 18, 1771, Derry Twp. Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
* CATHARINE ELIZABETH BARBARA BOLTZ, b. December 21, 1772
* PETER BOLTZ , b. June 29, 1775, Derry Twp. Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Eleanor Veronica Firnssler Boltz