BURNS TO DEATH FROM FIRE CAUSED BY CIGAR
MEDIA, Pa., Dec. 19.---Thomas Valentine Cooper, a member of the Pennsylvania legislature and formerly collector of the port of Philadelphia, was burned to death at his home here today. While smoking a cigar in his home he either fell asleep or suffered a paralytic stroke. His bath robe became ignited and he was dead before the flames were discovered by members of his family. Firemen found Mr. Cooper's body lying on a blazing couch in the sitting room. It was badly charred. He was 74 years old.
The Duluth News Tribune, Duluth, MN 20 Dec 1909
Sponsored by Ancestry