Son of Hosea and Sarah (Crews) Wright, was married on Jan 18, 1827 in Highland Co., OH to Nancy Vinzant, the dau of James Vinzant/Vinzint. Hiram was the grandson of Gabriel and Deborah (Ball) Wright. Gabriel, a Revolutionary War soldier, immigrated ca 1765 to this country from the Loch Earn area of Perthshire, Scotland. Hiram's father, Hosea, was a veteran of the War of 1812. The family name was originally McGreggor.
Hiram came to Mercer County with his family ca 1858/59 from Indiana and Ohio. Before moving two and a half miles southwest of Lineville, Hiram and Nancy lived in the Ravanna area for a while. As they grew older, they moved in with their son William E and lived with him until their deaths. Hiram and Nancy are buried in the McKinney Cemetery which is located about four miles northwest of Mercer, Missouri.
They had ten children:
1. Sarah L (Mrs Eli Stark)
2. Margaret (Mrs James Ward)
3. Joseph who married Nancy Jane Myers
5. Martin VanBuren who married Hannah Ray Petty
7. Deborah who married Rev James Stark
8. David who married Sarah R Hashman and is
buried in the Ravanna Cemetery.
9. Willima E who married Marha E Sill
10. Amos Hedge who married Janette McDougal Sill.
Article. titled located on p 883 of Vol II, "Mercer County Pioneer Traces." Submitted by Betty Berndt and Keith D Wright.