- Leonard Simmons Hays [1793-1864]
- Eliza Sprigg (Poole) Hays [1807-1874]
Married Elizabeth G. (Batson) Hays in 1875 in Ellicott City, Howard, Maryland.
- (Infant Son) [?-1878]
- Richard Poole Hays Jr [?-1879]
- Eleanor Medora Hays [1875-1959]
- Nana P Hays [1880-1926]
- Elizabeth Z Hays [1882-1926]
- Leonard Batson Hays [1884-1947]
- Richard Kenton Hays [1886-1952]
- Frederick Albert Hays [1889-1959]
- Sarah Pauline Hays [1892-1954]
- Robert Lee Hays [1895-1920]
Richard Poole Hays was a Private in Lt. Col. Elijah Veirs White's "Comanches" - 35th Battalion, Virginia Cavalry, Company B, during the Civil War (Confederate States of America - CSA).
Evening Post (Frederick, MD) - April 11, 1912
Boyds — Richard P. Hays, of Dickerson, Montgomery county, who dropped dead Monday afternoon, was buried Wednesday in Monocacy Cemetery at Beallsville. He was a Confederate soldier and many persons attended from Washington and Baltimore. Rev. Mr. Bushby preached the funeral sermon. The pallbearers were Lawrence A. Chiswell, Thomas O. White, McGill Belt, Wallace Poole, E. L. Chiswell and R. B. Gott.
Elizabeth G. Batson Hays