SERIOUS ACCIDENT - On Monday evening, at the residence of G. Chamberlain, two miles south of Harristown, a fire from the breaking or upsetting of a lamp but fortunately the flames were extinquished. Mr. Chamberlain, in his haste to remove some burning bed clothes from the house, inhaled the smoke and fumes from the bundles in his arm and at last account was thought to be fatally injured.
P.S. Since the above was in type we learned that Mr. Chamberlain is dead.
Decatur, Il Republican Oct 5, 1871 p1
53y 8m 24d