Reuben Long was born in Coventry, Conn., March 29, 1764. In the Spring of 1816 he and his son Silas came to Sardinia and bought one hundred acres of land of Mr. Persons of Geneseo, at six dollars per acre. In the following September, Mr. Long having previously returned to Connecticut, the family came on. Their mode of conveyance consisting of two yoke of oxen with a horse hitched ahead and two one-horse wagons. They came via Albany, Cayuga Lake and Geneseo to Sardinia, where Mr. Long lived until his death, April 27, 1846.
His wife, Esther Bingham, was born April 12, 1776, and died Jan. 26, 1851. mr. Long's father's name was Lemuel Long; his mother's maiden name was Martha Brewster.
Two of Reuben Long's brothers, Rufus and Joseph, were killed in the Revolutionary war.
1. Silas, born March 3, 1796, in Connecticut, went west in 1817, his friends do not know whether he is alive or not.
2. Eli, born Feb. 4, 1798, unmarried, died Dec. 8, 1856 in Sardinia.
3. Patty, born Nov. 23, 1799, married Joseph McClure in 1823, he died Sept. 1873, Patty died in Sardinia.
4. Erastus, born Oct. 17, 1802, married Hannah Putnam, he died in Michigan.
5. Esther, born May 2, 1805, married Luke Smith, died Sept. 10, 1876 at Arcade.
6. Joseph, born May 26, 1807, married Angeline Jewett and lived in Sardinia.
7. Nancy, born Dec. 9, 1809, married Luzerne Hunt and lived in Sardinia.
8. Melinda, born Oct. 28, 1811, unmarried, died April 19, 1865.
9. Lemuel, born Oct. 29, 1813, married Jane Shumaker and lived in Iowa.
10. Charles, born Oct. 9, 1816 and resided in Sardinia.
source: History of The Original Town of Concord, by Erasmus Briggs. pgs 868, 869
Bio info contributed by Find A Grave nmbo.