The Photo Request has been fulfilled.


Charles Oscar Dunn

Brigham City, Box Elder County, Utah, USA
Death 3 Mar 1939 (aged 83)
Nibley, Cache County, Utah, USA
Burial Logan, Cache County, Utah, USA
Plot A_ 400_ 109_ 8
Memorial ID 23943467 · View Source
Suggest Edits

Son of Simeon Adams Dunn and Harriet Atwood Silver

Married Letitia Smith, 18 Oct 1876, Brigham City, Box Elder, Utah

Children - Levi Dunn, Oscar Smith Dunn, Harriet Letitia Dunn, Samuel Atwood Dunn, Leslie Smith Dunn

Married Martha Jane Welch, 24 Oct 1883, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah

Children - Charles Welch Dunn, Eliza Jane Dunn, John William Dunn, Evaline Silver Dunn, Lester Welch Dunn, Simeon Adams Dunn

Married Ellen Augusta Mitchell, 27 Sep 1933, Logan, Cache, Utah


I, Charles Oscar Dunn, son of Simeon Adams Dunn and Harriet Atwood Silver Dunn, was born October 13, 1855 in the Old Fort, (Box Elder County) now Brigham City, Utah. We were left without a mother's care when I was two years and three months old, mother having died on January 2, 1858, leaving eight children, of which I was the sixth, there having been a pair of twins born shortly before my mother's death, one of which lived but a short time. However, we were blessed with a good father who gave us all the care and attention that a father could.

In the spring of 1858 came the move south, when all the people in our neighborhood left their homes. It was a trying time for them, as they never expected to come back again. We left our home in April, not knowing what or where our flight would lead to. During our encampment on Kay's Creek, now Kaysville, the other baby died, and father returned with her to his home and buried her with mother, after which we continued our journey south as far as Payson. Then the Government issued a manifesto, offering amnesty to all the "Disloyal" Mormons, and we were counseled to return to our homes. On our return hone, we passed the soldiers at the point of the mountain. It was a great sight to see them march by us, and as we watched them pass, the wind blew my hat off, and down a steep dugway, into the Jordan River so I had to go on home without a hat. We reached home alright, but found all of our possessions gone and our house empty.

During my early childhood, I was cared for by my father and older sisters and I thrived pretty well grew up about as other children of the town and had my good times and my bad ones. On one occasion, when the Indians were our enemies, I can remember well of three or four families gathering into one house, while our fathers were out guarding the town, and one day, while on my way to my father's field, with his lunch, an Indian picked me up and started for the hills with me, but I was rescued by neighbors. One day while playing on a flume, I fell in; no one was there at the time, but as I was struggling to get out, my brother and some other boys came and got me out of the water. I was almost drowned, but after working with me for some time, I was revived.

My young days were spent on a farm in the summer and in the town school in the winter. In 1872 my father went on a mission to the Eastern States, and I was left to do about as I pleased. I went to Logan to attend school, and enrolled in a school conducted under the supervision of the St. John's Church and received instruction from Charles Davis, one of the best teachers in the State. I had attended this school but two weeks, when the ward teachers visited me and asked me to discontinue my studies there. I am thankful that I took their advise, as most of the young men who continued in the school, lost faith in the Gospel. I then entered a school taught by Brother J. Z. Stewart, but my associates were a careless set and we did not do much in school.

A good deal of my time was also spent working on roads, water ditches, and helping with public buildings, and I was considered one of the pioneers of the town. I got into some mix-ups as boys sometimes do, but always got out of them all right.

When I was eight years old I was baptized by Elder Lars A. Larsen, in the big pond west of Brigham City. My first Sunday School teacher, whom I can remember was William Neeley. The school was held in the basement of the Old Court House. The seats were made of slabs turned flat side up, with stakes for legs. During the year Brother Neeley organized a martial band with the boys of my age. I learned to play the fife, a homemade instrument made by Stephen Wright, and we thought we had a first class About this time my elder brother and I used to annoy our stepmother a great deal - a good old lady who was very kind to us children. She had a remedy for all ailments and used to give us sulpher and molasses and bitter herb tea in the spring and fall for a tonic and copperas and sage, burnt on the stove for the canker.

I used to enjoy sitting on the floor and listening to father tell of his experiences with the prophets, Joseph, Hyrum and Brigham as well as others of the early Church leaders. When I grew older I took an especial interest in the young folks organizations as well as the Elders Quorum. I was ordained an Elder when fifteen years of age, by Elder William L. Watkins and also made a teacher in the Sunday School and I believe gave good satisfaction. I was a lover of amusements and association with the young folk in all of their entertainments. When I was fourteen years of age, I worked on the grade of the Union Railroad and hauled wood and lumber from the canyon. I had many narrow escapes from death but was protected through all of them by the power of God.

At one time, my brother-in-law, (Alf Haws, husband of his sister Betsy) persuaded me to go with him to his home in California. I was to meet him on a certain morning in Honeyville. I went as agreed but found he had been suddenly called home the day before. I believe this to have been an act of an over-ruling Providence to prevent my going and keep me in the Church, for if I had gone it is not likely that I should ever have returned. On another occasion I was saved from drowning when two of my companions were drowned. I could relate many instances when danger threatened me and I was protected by the power of God.

I loved to go fishing. I know of only one boy in Brigham City who would catch more fish than I could and that was Simon Carter. I also enjoyed playing ball and belonged to a team called "The Awkward Squad". In fact, I was always ready for fun.

On October 18, 1876, at the age of twenty-one years, I married Letitia Smith, she being about seventeen. We were a pair of kids, but we got along fairly well. We kept house for my father who had been left with one little boy. I worked on his farm and when not engaged at that worked in the canyon. Our social circles were of the best in town and we had many fine times at entertainment's and social parties at our home as well as in the homes of our friends.

When the Box Elder Stake was organized, in 1877, I was made President of the Young Men's Mutual Improvement Association in the Brigham City Fourth Ward and my wife Letitia was made Counselor in the Presidency of the Young Ladies organization and Martha Jane Welch was made secretary. I was also a ward teacher, a member of the amusement committee and belonged to the Stake and Ward choirs, as well as in the Brass Band.

April 5, 1879, I was taken with a severe fever, which terminated with a large abscess in my left shoulder which kept me bedfast for about five weeks and the pain and torture were indeed severe. The Elders administered to me but I received no relief until about the first week in May when President Lorenzo Snow came one Saturday night and blessed me. On Sunday morning I was very bad and the room seemed to be filled with evil spirits. I prayed that the Lord would protect me from them and a light appeared in the room. As a personage entered the room, the evil spirits vanished, all but one who seemed to have been their leader and who remained crouched in a corner of the room. The personage, who came in, pointed to the evil one, and then looking at me said "you have conquered and you shall get well." With that the evil one left the room and I was released from the power that had held me. This personage then told me that all of the revelations given to the Prophet Joseph and recorded in the Book of Doctrine and Covenants were true, including the law of plurality of wives. He gave me other information and instructions, which have been of use to me during my life. After he left, I asked for my clothes, got out of bed and walked into the front room, a thing I had not done for over one month. I know I was healed by the power of God.

About the last of May we went to Millville, Cache County, to visit my sister and to give me a chance to recuperate and gain my strength. My shoulder continued to give me some trouble and although I did not have much pain with it, it did not heal. During my visit, my brother-in-law Frank Cantwell and I peddled merchandise for a short time and did pretty well. In August the disease I had in my should poisoned my system and broke out in my left leg and I had a terrible time. It would seem to heal and then break out again. Local doctors attended me but I received no relief. In October I went to Salt Lake City to see Dr. Benedict, who operated on my shoulder and he removed a great deal of decayed bone after which the shoulder healed. He also operated on my leg but it troubled me for a number of years before healing up. During those years the suffering I endured could not be described.

After returning from Salt Lake City, we went back to Brigham City and bought a small farm in Millville, where we commenced to build another home. In the meantime we were called by Apostle Lorenzo Snow to go on a Mission to St. George and learn to do Temple Work and prepare to work in the Logan Temple when it was completed, so we made preparations for our journey. Before starting for St. George my *wife was promised that she would have a son and that he name should be Levi, for as yet we had not been blessed with children. We left for St. George October 7, 1882. Labored in the Temple there and returned home December 11th. I was compelled to return home because of the serious condition of my let. When we reached home we found my father very ill. We remained with him in Brigham City until January 2, 1883, when he was somewhat better and my leg very much improved.

Our trip from Brigham City to Millville was a hard one. The snow was deep and it was very cold. By the time we reached the top of the Collingston hill it was after dark and the horses, as well as ourselves were tired out so we were forced to leave the wagon and ride the horses for a couple of miles to the home of Crandall Dunn which we reached at nine o-clock, almost frozen. My wife was very sick that night and had to complete her trip on the train the next day. I returned for my wagon and continued on my journey to Millville. That was one of the coldest days I have ever experienced. I reached Millville that night and slept at Frank Cantwell's home. The next day we moved our small stock of furniture into the tithing office. (Bp. Pitkin had turned it over to me.) We had spent all of our money on our trip south and reached Millville with no money and nothing to eat so I was compelled to borrow wheat and other necessities from our neighbors. However, the farm I had bought before going south had a large patch of willows on it and from this I was able to obtain plenty of wood to burn during the winter and some to sell in Logan, and this, together with a little work I was able to do in the canyon, kept us through the winter pretty well.

About the 15th of February we were called to Brigham City because of the illness of my father and on the 22nd of February 1883 at the age of eighty years, he passed away having remained faithful in the Church during his entire life. He was buried beside my mother in the Brigham City Cemetery, on February 24, 1883. We returned home on the 26th and began work in earnest, clearing the land and doing the odd jobs that were necessary to be done before the spring work started.

On June 3, As soon as we moved to Millville I was called to work in the different capacities in the Church, having been made a ward teacher, President of the Elder's Quorum and teacher in the Sunday School. Early in the spring of 1893 we were able to complete our house on the farm and moved into it, thankful to be in a home of our own at last. On June 3, 1893, our first child was born, the boy that had been promised to my wife and according to her instructions we named him Levi. We were very proud of our boy as we had been married for seven years and we thanked the Lord for giving him to us. When he was three months old we took him to Brigham City to show the folks there that we had the most wonderful baby in the world. We had only a large wagon to travel in and on the way met with an accident, which nearly resulted in the death of both mother and babe, but they were preserved. On another occasion we were going up a steep hill when the spring seat tipped over and the baby went over his mother's head and rolled out behind. I jumped out of the wagon to save the child - the horses let the wagon back and the shell ran over the little one and crushed it. I administered to him and in a short time he was all right. That was another testimony that God hears prayers.

During the summer my leg seemed entirely well and I gained my strength and was able to work as hard as anyone. We planted an orchard and garden and I spent a great deal of time working in the canyon, thankful that my health would permit my doing so. In the fall of 1883, I was called to be President of the Young Men's Mutual Improvement Association and Chairman of the Amusement Committee, thus having charge of the dances. We organized a dramatic association and furnished amusements for the people. I also belonged to the choir in the Millville Ward. I continued in these activities for the greater part of ten years, while I remained in Millville. My wife was called to be President of the Young Ladies Mutual Improvement Association. We also went out a good deal with the sick, administering to them and aiding them in any possible way. In October 1883, I married Martha Jane Welch, in the Endowment House, in Salt Lake City, Utah and I want to say here that the Lord has surely blessed me in giving me two such good and faithful women who have cared for me through all my sickness, without murmuring, and have been faithful and loving and I appreciate all they have done for me.

On May 7, 1884 we attended the dedication of the Logan Temple, where we all enjoyed a rich flow of the Spirit of the Lord. On May 18, I attended a meeting in the Tabernacle and was called, with my wives, to labor in the Temple. We commenced this work May 21st. President John Taylor, his counselors and several of the apostles were there. Apostle F. D. Richard was the first man baptized in the font, for the dead and Elder Thomas Moore and myself were the first confirmers. We were released from this mission March 1885.

I was ordained a High Priest July 13, 1884 by Bishop Robert Davidson. My wives, Letitia and Janie worked during the year in ordinance work and going through the House of the Lord for the dead. The brothers and sisters were very united and we enjoyed our work very much. I worked in about all of the ordinances while there and received many great ad glorious blessings while engaged in this work and had my testimony and faith in the gospel strengthened many times. We continued our work until the Temple closed December 19th. I shall always remember the good times we had with the workers there. On December 28th we commenced work again, still enjoying the Spirit of the Lord.

In April 1886, we were honorably released from our mission in the Temple so that I might provide for my family. I was truly thankful that I had had the privilege of laboring in the House of the Lord. I felt that I would like to have spent my life working there, but the material things in life must be looked after as well as the spiritual. I have seen the power of God made manifest in the healing of the sick, and in blessings that accompany those that believe. This has increased my faith and given me a knowledge that we are engaged in the work of the Lord, and my heart is full of joy, thanksgiving and praise to my Father for His many blessings to us.

We returned to our home in Millville about the first of April, feeling that we had been well paid for the year's work and went to work with a good will, putting in our crops and taking care of them.

On April 16, 1885, my wife Janie game birth to a fine baby boy, and we were glad for this additional blessing. He was blessed April 24, 1885 by his grandfather, John Welch and given the name of Charles Welch Dunn.

We became busy again in the activities of the ward; besides the work that was given me, which I have already mentioned, I was appointed President of the Acting Teachers Quorum. This was a very important position, looking after the Teachers and reporting their labors to the Bishop. I had the confidence of the Bishopric and also of the people. There was a great deal of sickness during the fall of 1885 and Letitia and I were kept busy waiting on the sick and when there were deaths we prepared the bodies for burial.

We did fairly well during the summer and had a pretty good crop, did some canyon work and getting out wood and selling it in Logan so we did not suffer during the winter. Our dramatic association put on several plays during the winter, which were appreciated by the people.

I will mention a case or two where the power of God was made manifest in the healing of the sick. A little boy had diphtheria and the Dr. had given him up. Frank Cantwell, Charles Eliason and I were called in to administer to him. We felt the power of God in the house and the child was almost instantly healed. Another case - a sister had convulsions and was possessed with an evil spirit. We were called in to administer to her and she was healed. I could relate many cases of healing both in my own family and with others.

The year 1885 was spent about the same as the previous year. October 17, 1886, another fine son was born to my wife Letitia. We named him Oscar Smith Dunn and were happy to add another to our family. On December 10, my wife Janie gave birth to a sweet little girl. We were all pleased to welcome her to our home and we named her Eliza Jane.

The winter of 1887 was spent in laboring in the organizations of the ward and we had much joy in them because we could see that we were doing some good. April 1, 1887 I commenced putting in the crops and preparing to go on a hunting and trapping trip as I did not care to get into the clutches of the United States Marshall's who were beginning to get after the co-habs, as we were called. Joseph Perry was an old trapper, and I went with him; he furnishing the traps and I the team and we were to divide the catch, 50-50. We left about the middle of April, went as far as Ogden and then up Weber River. The first night we were successful in catching two beavers. The next day we set our traps up Lost Creek and caught one large beaver. In all we got five and then moved our camp to Echo Canyon. (The old breast works that were built in 1857, when the Mormons went to stop the United States Army from entering Salt Lake Valley were still visible.) We caught two Beavers up Echo Creek and then started for Evanston. Our first camp, after getting there was on Bear River east of Evanston. We found some beaver tracks and set our traps but the next morning we found the traps had been stolen. The Indians had thought we were intruding on their grounds. We then moved down the river about nine miles and found a nice nest of beavers and some otters so we camped here for about ten days. There were thousands of antelope on the hills but we could not get close enough to get any of them. We caught five nice beavers here and then moved further down the river, as far as Beckworth Dam on the Bear River but found no more beaver and decided to go home. We crossed the river at the dam, came through Lake Town and down Blacksmith Fork Canyon, reaching home just one month from the time we left, having had a good time and realizing a pretty good catch, financially. We found all well at home where I remained during the summer, not worrying a great deal about the Marshall's, and they didn't bother me until the next fall. (My wives were living in the same house.) I spent my time on the farm and working in the canyon during the summer and continued working in the organizations of the ward. October 7, 1887, while I was digging potatoes just south of my house, my wife Janie helping to pick them up, the United States Marshall's, Steele, Whetstone and C. C. Goodwin came upon us very suddenly, put me under arrest and subpoenaed my wives to appear in court as witnesses against me. The court was held in Ogden, R. F. Cantwell and Henry Berger went my bonds. I told the Marshall's that I would plead guilty to the charge of unlawful cohabitation, and asked them not to take my wives down to court and so they were permitted to remain at home. I went to Ogden, appeared before the Grand Jury and pled guilty to the charge and was permitted to go back home and gather my crops and prepare for the winter. I was to appear for sentence on the 10th of December, so it kept me busy getting wood and arranging for the comfort of my family while I was away. My nephew, Simeon Hunsaker, came to do the chores during my absence. The time arrived when I was to go and get my sentence. The people of the ward met and gave me a farewell party at the meeting house, which showed me that I had many friends at home who appreciated my labors among them. My little boys hung onto me, crying to the Marshall's not to take their papa away from them but their pleadings were of no avail. My wives were in the house, overcome with grief and tears. And so I left them, my heart filled with sorrow at parting with them and with joy and thanksgiving that I had two such noble and faithful wives; and that my suffering was for the sake of the gospel.

I appeared before Judge Henderson for my sentence, December 10, the birthday of my daughter Jennie. He told me if I would promise to put away my wife and her children and obey the law that I could go home. I told him that I had married both women in good faith and that I expected to care for them that it was a part of my religion and that I had no such promise to make. He gave me a fine of six months in the Utah State Penitentiary, $150.00 to pay together with the costs of the court. I was taken to Salt Lake City that night and arrived at the prison at nine o-clock and was sent to bunk house No. 1, where I entered under the gaze of seventy-five prisoners and heard the welcome shout from them, "fresh fish". I had no more than gotten into the room than I was seized by some of the prisoners and given a ride upon their shoulders. My old friend, Peter Barson, was the chief disturber. All of the bunks were full so I had to sleep on the ground in the center of the room. There was no floor in the bunkhouse. I had to keep my head well covered to keep the toughs from spitting tobacco juice in my face. We thought this a poor reception but did not complain and decided to make the best of it and keep friendly with the inmates. The next morning I awoke early and found there were quite a number of my friends there. At the sound of three bells we all lined up for breakfast. The dining hall was a large one and was kept very clean. The table was set with tin plates and tin cups and spoons. We had no knives or forks. Our foot consisted of boiled beef and a sort of paste they called soup, bread and tea. I took cold water. This was my first meal with Uncle Sam. The dinners were similar - sometimes we had fruit and we could have butter and milk if we wished to buy them, which I did after I had been there for a while.

In surveying the yard, I was shown the sweatbox and decided I would be a good boy and keep out of there. I was put on the scavenger police and helped keep the yard clean, gathered up all the litter and carried it out to the dump pile. We spent a good deal of our time pitching quarts, running, jumping and at all kinds of games. I also studied bookkeeping under Brother Joseph Thurber. We learned to make mats, wooden toys and nice rattles. I tried to keep busy doing something. Some of our men would get the blues and I would get them out of their bunks and walk them around the yard to keep them alive. Of course I would get blue sometimes, but I did not let the others know it and they thought I was always happy. I tried to be agreeable with everyone and got along fine.

We had services in the dining hall every Sunday, the Methodists taking charge one Sunday, the Presbyterians the next, the Baptists the next, and the Latter-day Saints the next. The Mormons brought their singers with them but the prisoners sang for the others. I was in the choir and stood by a little *****. I had no trouble with the guards as I did what I was told to do. We counted the time by our Sunday dinners when we always had beans. We had concerts every Wednesday night and sometimes we would sing Mormon hymns, which I think made a good impression on the criminals. I also had to take my turn on the pump police. We pumped water from a deep well into a big tank at the top of the building.

We had one grand surprise. The Sunday school children of one of the wards appeared on the wall, sang Sunday school songs, and threw arms full of flowers down to us. It was an impressive sight and brought tears to our eyes. Even the "toughs" could not hold the tears back.

In March 1888, I took the typhoid fever and pneumonia. For ten days I was kept in the bunkhouse where there were seventy-five prisoners, many of them smoking and profaning and using vulgar language and doing most everything that was bad. Naturally, I continued to get worse so was moved at last into a small room where Brothers William F. Rigby and David Bybee took care of me and proved to be splendid nurses. The Dr. was also very attentive to me. All of the brothers, who were in the pen, numbering about two hundred, were asked to remember me in their prayers at nine o'clock that night. Brothers' Rigby and Bybee administered to me at that hour. The fever was broken up and I commenced to get well from that time. The warden had sent for my wife to come at once, as they did not expect me to live. When she arrived she found that I was improving and by the time she had been with me for one week, I had so far recovered that she was able to return home. I acknowledge that it was the power of God, together with the prayers of my brothers and my folks at home that I was healed.

On June 10, 1888, I was released and returned to my home and found my family well. The people of the ward had arranged to give me a grand reception, which proved that I had many good friends at home. I wish to say here that it was my good and faithful wives and little children who had to suffer during my absence. The children, as well as the man who had come to take care of the place had all had the measles so the women had to chop the wood, feed the stock and in fact do all there was to be done as well as to care for the sick. This was one of the coldest winters we had ever had, but the Lord cared for them all and they got along all right.

Up to this time my wives had occupied the same house, but now we had to make different arrangements and get them separate houses as we were watched and there were those who were anxious to report any infringement of the law. I was put to work again in the activities of the ward, and took a great deal of pleasure in the work and the Lord blessed me and gave me influence for good with the people.

On March 18, 1889, my son John William was born. We had to move his mother, Janie, to other towns to keep her away from the Marshalls. She lived in Hyde Park, Smithfield, Weston and Paradise. Letitia was very good in helping to care for the children. In April I went to Montana with Thomas Jessop to work on the railroad. We worked for a while in Butte, Melrose, and Carson on the Northern Pacific and came home in July.

On June 9, 1890, my daughter Harriett Letitia was born. I began to think myself a fan of a family and felt very proud of my little flock.

In 1891 homesteaded a quarter section of land in the Clarkston district. On Mary 14, I moved my wife, Letitia up there and commenced plowing for spring grain. Joseph Holt was with me that summer. We got about sixty acres of land broke up, planted wheat and had a fairly good crop.

June 18, 1891 the College Ward was organized and I was called to be its first Bishop by President Simpson Nolen. John C. Dowdle and James Olsen were my counselors, with Brother John C. Dowdle as ward clerk. On July 3, I was ordained a Bishop by Apostle Moses Thatcher, and set apart to preside over the ward.

In was a great trial to me to accept this position as I had learned to love the people with whom I had been laboring for ten years; but I had been taught to be obedient to those in authority, and so I commenced the new responsibility that had come to me and I sought the Lord in faith and prayer for wisdom that I might have the love and confidence of the people. In connection with my counselors, I continued the organization of the ward - the Priesthood quorums and auxiliary organizations until we had completed them and had the ward in good working order. We held our meetings in the old school house as well as our dances and other amusements. Brother Nuttall's family furnished the music. He playing the accordion and his sons playing mouth organs and we surely had splendid times. Our meetings were well attended and we commenced our work in the new ward under the influence of the Spirit of the Lord and He heard our prayers and prospered us.

I did not move my family to the ward for about a year and a half, as I had to live on my homestead; but would come to the ward as often as I could. This was quite a hardship but we did the best we could until we could secure our land. We had to live on the land for fifteen months and then make cash entry and pay $2.50 per acre. In July we made payment on the land and moved down to College Ward and were prepared to do our duty to better advantage. I purchased the Leavitt farm and moved onto it. Much of my time was spent in the activities of the ward, attending all of the meetings, and seeing that the work was properly conducted. We were united in our work and soon were able to see the results of our labors in the attendance at our meetings and the payments of our tithes and offerings. The poor and the sick were not neglected. The weather was never too cold nor the nights too dark, if there were sick in the ward, for us to go and administer to them, sometimes three and four miles from home and the Lord blessed us with His spirit; and I took a great deal of comfort and satisfaction in the work. We had our amusement committees who furnished us with theaters and other amusements and we had fine times in all of our activities.

On October 9, 1893, my daughter Evaline Silver was born in the old Leavitt home. I sold my home in Millville, together with the Leavitt property and bought a farm close by the College Ward meeting house where I built two homes. I was arrested again on the charge of cohabitation but was soon discharged for lack of evidence.

In 1894 we commenced hauling rock and lumber for our new meeting house. I did not say "Go and get the rock," but I said, "Come, boys, let us go and pile the rock and when the snow comes we will haul the rock to the site selected." When spring came we had our material all on hand and commenced to erect the building. We helped the mason who laid the brick and hired one carpenter and we did the rest. We hauled wood from the canyon in payment for the brick and lime. The house cost us $3,000.00, and when it was finished we had it paid for and ready for dedication. We had just twenty-four families in the ward but they were all willing to do their part and the work was soon completed.

The meeting house was dedicated by Bishop William B. Preston and remarks were made by President Orson Smith, President Simpson B. Nolen and President Isaac Smith, and a report was given to me as Bishop on behalf of the building committee, which was accepted and the committee released.

We were congratulated on our fine new home and the loyalty of the people in paying for it. My counselors also spoke at the conference. These brethren were very faithful in helping with the ******** of the house. We now held all of our meetings and amusements in the new meetinghouse and were able to do more efficient work especially in the auxiliary organizations.

I learned to love the people there and believe I had their love and confidence. We seemed like one large family, met at the different homes for socials and entertainment's. I always took a great interest in the young people and met with them in their dances and parties and by showing them we were interest in them they were willing to keep busy in the ward activities.

We sent our young men on missions and when they returned they were a great help to us. I did not do much preaching but had the brethren of the ward do most of the talking. I still had my farm in Clarkston and had to spend some time there.

In 1898 Counselor James Olsen moved to Brigham City and I chose Brother John Schenk to be my second counselor. In 1899 I sole 1029 bushels and ten pounds of wheat to Orson Smith and also sold the ranch in Clarkston about that time. In 1900 I bought eighty acres of land from Lars Sorenson and moved my wife Janie and her family into this home. My work was just about the same the year round looking after the affairs of the ward. There was some sickness in the ward and we cared for them the best we could. In cases of death, I washed and dressed the men and my wife Letitia did the same for the women and children. Letitia was president of the Relief Society and Janie was Secretary for the same organization for twenty years. My children were all active in the organizations of the ward. Jennie and Hattie served there for many years as organists.

Simeon Adams was born Mary 2, 1896, Samuel Atwood was born March 12, 1899, Lester Welch was born on August 18, 1898 and Leslie Smith on April 15, 1900.

When Counselor John C. Dowdle left the ward, Joseph H. Olson was sustained as second counselor in the bishopric with John Schenk as first counselor. When the Cache Stake was divided, we were made a part of the Hyrum Stake.

In 1906, the old trouble broke out in my leg and gave me a great deal of pain and it continued to grow worse. This, however, did not stop the activities in the ward for me although I was about fifty years of age. In 1906 I was employed by C. A. Smurthwaite to buy grain and was sent to work in Cache Junction. Here I had the misfortune of breaking my collarbone and throwing my shoulder out of place. I waited for about four hours for a train to take me to Logan and I suffered very much during that time. I spent the night in Logan and was taken home the next morning. My leg continued to grow worse and gave me a great deal of trouble although I had been entirely well from the disease for twenty years. On January 1, 1907 I was taken to the L>D>S> Hospital in Salt Lake City where an operation was performed by Dr. C. A. Baldwin. He took all of the top part of the bone off, from the knee to the ankle and cleansed all the marrow out of the bone. I had been there one month when another operation was necessary. For three months I remained in the hospital where I received the very best of care, both from the doctors and nurses. Brother Adolphus Madson came and administered to me, which gave me a great deal of hope and for w while I seemed to improve. I returned home April 14, but the leg grew worse, until I became almost discouraged. On August 29, Dr. Frank Cutler of Logan came to our home and placed me on the dining table in the living room and amputated the offending limb, which was buried in the southeast part of the lot by some of the older boys. In three weeks I was able to get around on my crutches and continued to improve and was soon able to resume my labors in the ward.

January 10, 1902, Levi was called on a mission to Germany. The day before he left, he was married to Mary Ann Miller, of Wellsville. He returned home some three years later, having filled an honorable mission. I was thankful that the Lord had blessed me with sufficient means to support him while he was away and I took great joy in doing so. In 1903 I built a brick house for Letitia. This gave her a nice home and was very much appreciated.

After the amputation of my leg, I found that I could not attend to my work in the ward as I had done before and as I could not get around in bad weather, I felt that I had better resign and another appointed who could do the work. I spoke of this to my stake president, Brother William C. Parkinson, but he thought differently and said he was satisfied with my efforts. He said that I could do the people more good than anyone he knew of and for that reason would not release me at that time. I, therefore, continued to do my best until July 20, 1912 when I was given an honorable release and my son Charles was appointed Bishop of the ward. On January 12, 1912, my son Will was called on a mission to the Eastern States and I was pleased to be able to send him to fill this calling.

Although it was one of the hardest trials of my life when I was called to be Bishop of College Ward, the Lord heard my prayers and I learned to love the work and the people and in return I gained their love and confidence. I had joy and satisfaction in the work and I know the Lord blessed my efforts and I am thankful that I obeyed the call. I was Bishop for more than twenty-one years and I can say that I was quite well satisfied with my work and turned it over to the new Bishopric in fairly good condition. During all of my sickness and trouble the people of the ward were good and kind to me and did all they could to help, financially and otherwise and I pray that God will bless them for it, which I know He will do.

In 1913 I sold the farm in college Ward to Andrew nelson and moved to Logan. In April of that year I bout two lots on the Logan Island, Second South and Second East Streets and built two cottages which cost $2700.00. On June 7, 1913, we moved into them and were all very happy in our new homes. We were accepted as members of the Seventh Ward where the bishopric, as well as the people of the ward made us very welcome. On July 2, 1913, my daughter Eva and I started on a trip to Manassa, Colorado to see my brother Simeon and his family whom I had not seen for thirty years. We left Salt Lake City at One P.M. on the D. & R. G. Railroad and enjoyed the trip very much as we passed through the beautiful fields of grain and sugar beets and the acres of alfalfa. It was a fine sight, fine homes and lovely flowers. We arrived at Glenwood Springs just at daylight and had a wonderful ride down the Eagle Canyon. The scenery here is most beautiful and the mines located far up in the mountainsides were a marvel to us. Small patches of beans and other products cultivated by the Mexicans were to be seen on the small pieces of cleared land as we rode down the canyon. The climbing of the mountainside and through the tunnel that brought us on top of the Tennessee pass, 11,0000 feet high, was most interesting.

We were next flying down the eastern slope along the headwaters of the Arkansas River until we came to the city of Salida, a beautiful little place in the mountains. Here we waited until Three P.M. when we boarded the narrow gauge train for the San Luis Valley. This was another climb of several miles, up a steep grade. As we descended into the valley it appeared to be a desolate country. We reached Alamosa at eight P.M. and stayed at the Victoria Hotel that night. Early the next morning we resumed our journey south and reached my brother's home at nine A.M., July 4th. The meeting with my brother and his family was a joyous one; both of us were affected very much. We attended the 4th of July celebration and enjoyed it very much.

The San Luis is a large valley, but does not appear to me to be a desirable place to live. The elevation is over 7000 feet. The main crop is field peas. I found my folks all faithful members of the Church and all working in the activities of the ward and stake. I attended Sacrament Meeting on Sunday and had the privilege of bearing my testimony to the truthfulness of the gospel. We attended several socials given in our honor and enjoyed them very much. We went with a company of young folks on a fishing trip up the Conjos River, passed through some Mexican towns, which seemed very ***** to me. Their dwellings were low, flat mud huts. We saw a number of women out plastering the houses using their bare hands with which to spread the mud. Before we reached our camping grounds we were caught in one of the worst storms I have ever seen. We spent the night in the canyon, caught some fish and enjoyed the trip as well as the rest of our visit to Colorado. When the time came for us to return to Logan the folks took us to Romeo to catch the seven P.M. train. It was four hours late and did not reach Alamosa until almost midnight and just in time to catch the twelve o'clock train for Pueblo, where we arrived at five A.M. We spent a couple of hours seeing this city before time to take the train for home. We passed through Canyon City and the Royal Gorge. The scenery on this trip was wonderful, cliffs on either side, hundreds of feet high. We reached home safely and felt well paid for our journey.

Later that summer I went to Raft River to visit Levi and his family. He was a member of the Bishopric in that ward and seemed to have the respect and confidence of the people there and to be interested in his work. After returning home, I was called to labor as a ward teacher and to teach the parents' class in Sunday School, which position I held for about two years.

In March 1914, I bought Walter Jensen's farm in College Ward, paying $5,000.00 for it. We did considerable work on the place and later traded it to William Roskelley for four hundred and eighty acres of land in Blue Creek Valley (Box Elder County). On July 24th we commenced cutting grain out there and on the 25th witnessed one of the most severe storms that had ever been known in the valley. Water stood ankle deep on the land and much of the wheat was destroyed. We prepared about two hundred acres of land for fall plowing. We had a great deal of rain that fall and the grain that was in came up fine. The next year we threshed about six thousand bushels of wheat and we felt that the Lord had truly blessed us.

In April 1915, I was called to labor in the Logan Temple for the second time. I was set apart October 12, 1916 and continued in that work until June 2, 1930, when I was released because of my poor health.

In April 1917, my sons, Sam and Lester enlisted in the United States Army. They drilled for some time in Logan then went to Ft. Douglas, Utah for a few months and later were sent to Camp Kearney, California. When the 145th First Utah Field Artillery was ordered over seas, the boys went with them and remained with them until their return two months after the Armistice was signed. They returned safe and well. We were glad to welcome them back and thankful that they had been protected during their absence.

In March 1918, I sold my Blue Creek ranch for $12,000.00. I paid all my debts and was now out of bondage. Sim enlisted in the Army and was sent to Salt Lake City to take a course in Radio, in the Artillery. After spending two months there he was transferred to an R.O.T.C. in Texas where he was made a non-commissioned officer and where he remained until he received his discharge, after the signing of the Armistice. He reached home a few days after Christmas, in good health. On June 18, 1918 Leslie enlisted with the ship builders at Puget Sound, Washington and on July 26th volunteered in the U.S. Army at Seattle, Washington. He traveled through Washington, Oregon, Montana, The Dakotas, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky and entered a training camp at Houston, Texas where he remained studying radio in the Aviation Service until after the Armistice was signed, when he returned to Camp Lewis, Washington and there received his discharge. He also returned in good health and we could not help but acknowledge the hand of God in bringing all of our boys' back to us. It was a great trial to let them go - our hearts were filled with sorrow when the time came to say goodbye to these splendid sons of ours, and how their mothers' heart ached; but, we committed them into the keeping of our Heavenly Father and had faith that he would protect them. We told them the story of the two thousand young men, who had been taught faith in God, went to war, and returned safely. Our boys had been taught faith in God and had kept the Word of Wisdom, had lived clean lives, and had a claim on the blessings of God. He heard our prayers and the boys were brought home in good health, had kept the faith and returned as good and clean as when they left.

On September 15, 1919 I accompanied my daughter Eva to Salt Lake City where she was set apart by Elder J. Golden Kimball to perform a mission in the Western States. I returned home on the 16th thankful that one more of my children had been called into the work of the lord.

On November 1st of the same year, Leslie left to fill a mission to the Hawaiian Islands. I went with him as far as Salt Lake City where he was set apart by Apostle Joseph F. Smith, Jr. I returned home on the 16th, thankful that one more of my children had been called into the work of the Lord.

May 22, 1921, Eva returned from her mission, in good health, having performed a splendid mission. I spent a part of the summer visiting my children - Jennie in Salt Lake City; Will in Ogden, Levi and Oscar in Brigham City and Sam in Tyhee, Idaho all of whom were glad to see me and with whom I left my blessings when leaving.

November 11, 1921, Eva was married to Byron Snow, a young man who had just returned from a mission. January 1, 1922 I was taken very sick with nervous prostration and rheumatism and was confined to the house for over three months; but was cared for by my faithful wives. On January 20th my wife Letitia became dangerously ill but through good care and the blessing of the Lord she was healed. In April I regained my health and was able to resume my work in the Temple.

January 1, 1923. Spent the day at home. Weather very warm. I am feeling better than I have for a few days past. Sam and his wife and children came from Idaho to make us a visit. Their little boy, Melvin was very sick. They stayed with us for a few days until he was better.

January 21st: Attended conference in the forenoon and enjoyed it very much. Levi, Annie, Alice and Lee Clair came to see us. We were very glad to see them. Levi went home in the evening.

January 22nd. All pretty well this morning. We got a letter from Leslie who is doing missionary work in the Hawaiian Islands.

January 28th: Snowing. Got a telegram from Leslie saying he is released from his mission.

January 31st: Snow about 24 inches deep.

February 4th: Went to fast meeting. My son Oscar came to see us. The folks in Brigham City are all well.

February 5th: Still cold, 14 below zero. Stayed home all day. Aunt Tishy is not very well. Aunt Janie came over to help her.

February 10th: Stayed home all day. Sim came over to see me.

February 11th: Sunday, thawing today. Vick & Hattie were here today.

February 13th: Got a letter from Leslie informing us that he would sail for home on the 15th.

February 15th. Another fine day. Visited sick neighbors. Got a nice letter from my boy. "J.M."

February 16th. Clear and nice. At eleven o'clock we went to River Heights to look at a home for Lester.

February 18th. Lester moved to River Heights.

February 24th. Today is Aunt Janie's birthday. All of her children except Jennie and Will came to see her. Forty years ago today my father was buried.

March 9. Oscar and Annie are both some better today. We administered again to Annie then left for home. Called on Maria Phillips. Left Brigham City on the 10:15 A.M. car and reached home at noon.

March 10th. Jennie and Sim came to see us. Went to a show in the afternoon. Heard from the folks in Brigham City.

March 12th. Turned the washer. Stayed with Aunt Janie. Sister Becky Allen came to see her. I went to Priestood meeting.

March 16th. Eva stayed home to care for her mother. Will came from Ogden to see her. She had a bad night.

March 18th. Will's birthday. He was here and ate dinner with us.

March 20th. I have a bad cold. It makes me feel rocky. My sister Sophia died last night. The snow is about all gone.

March 21st. Went to Brigham City and attended the funeral of my sister Sophia at Perry. Stayed at Oscar's. He and Annie are better.

March 28th. Went to River Heights to see Lester and his family.

March 29th. We have spring at last. Janie is worse. We called the Doctor. He said it was acute indigestion. We administered to her and the pain left her at once. Another testimony of the power of the Priesthood.

During the month of June we had a very heavy rainfall, which insured good crops. Janie has not improved much. Letitia has spent most of the month in Brigham City with Levi's family as Annie has been in a very critical condition.

June 25th. I went to the dentist today to arrange for a set of teeth.

July 23rd. We did all we could for her but to no avail. She (Janie) died today at 6:30 P.M. We came home on the 24th. Had her prepared for burial. The funeral was held in the Seventh Ward Chapel, which was largely attended by friends and relatives. The following brethren were the speakers. A. M. Israelsen, J. C. Larsen, President O. H. Budge, President Joseph R. Shepherd and W. C. Horsley. Patriarch James Olsen gave the invocation and William H. Maughan offered the benediction. The grave was dedicated by John Schenk. She was a noble wife and an affectionate mother, always anxious for the welfare of her children and a faithful Latter-day Saint. We know that she will get the highest glory in the Celestial Kingdom of God.

I blessed Lester's baby and gave it the name of Leda June.

October 1923: Charles contracted with Joseph H. Watkins to put curbing around the lot in the cemetery, also to plant lawn on the same and to place a monument and a marker there. The price was $350.00. Charles paid $200.00. I paid $60.00. Jennie $25.00. Eva $25.00. Simeon $25.00. Will $12.50 and Lester $12.50.

October 13th was my birthday. My children were all here to spend the evening with me except Sam and his family. 45 of the family were present, 17 members could not be with us. My brother Simeon A. was here from Colorado. We went to the cemetery to visit my wife Janie's grave and to attend the burial of Sarah Evans, Letitia's sister. We spent the evening at home where we enjoyed songs, social chat and a nice lunch. I enjoyed the company of the children very much.

I continued to work in the Temple, gathered the garden truck and pick apples. We had a snowstorm and much rain during the month.

October 28th. Wrote to my cousin Samuel Silver and then went and had dinner with Eva.

The weather was fine most of the month of November. My brother Sim left for Brigham City on November 28th. Received a letter from my son Will. His wife is in very poor health. On Thanksgiving Day we went to Charles and assisted in blessing the baby. We named him Irving Schenk Dunn. We had dinner at home, Leslie and his wife were with us; then mother and I went to Jennie's and had supper with her and John, Eva and Byron, Sim and Wanda and their children. We went over to Brother Allen's to see Hattie and her family. Came home later on the car.

December 6th. Went to Brigham City. Stayed with Levi's folks all night. Found all well at Oscar's. I went to see Maria Phillips and Emma Lee. All were well.

December 8th. We had a Dunn family reunion in Brigham City. Father's children who were present were Simeon A., Charles Oscar and Letitia, Ephraim and his wife. A large representation of all of the families except those of Emaline and Betsy were present. Thirty-six members of the family were there. We had a most glorious time. Those who spoke were James Olsen, an old time friend, Bishop Wright, S. Norman Lee, a great-grand son of my father, E. W. Dunn, C. O. Dunn, C. W. Dunn, Levi Dunn and Owen Dunn. We enjoyed games and songs, speeches, dancing and a most splendid lunch. Everyone had a good time.

December 9th. Came home. Spent the time in the Temple. Received a letter from will. Emily was operated on at the Dee Hospital (Ogden) on the 19th. Got along all right, for which we were thankful. The Temple closed on the 22nd.

December 25th. Charles and family, Eva and Byron had Christmas dinner with us. Leslie and Annie Spent the evening here.

December 27th. We had with us for dinner, Jennie and May, Hattie and family, Sim and family, Lester and family, Leslie and Annie and Eva and Byron. We had a fine time with them. Mother and I had many nice presents from our children for which we were very grateful.

February 1924: The month opened cloudy. The bear was disappointed, did not see his shadow.

February 11th. Lester, while fishing, got the fishhook caught in his eye. The doctor operated and removed it. He was in the hospital six days, cost $22.00 and the doctor bill was $78.00.

March 4th. Mother and I went to see Will and Emily. It was their tenth wedding anniversary. On the way down we stopped for two days in Brigham City. Howard had the measles. Wanda gave birth to a little girl. They named her Jane.

March 9th. Mother and I went to Hyrum to see Wanda and the baby. I blessed it giving it the name of its Grandmother Dunn. We also visited with Jennie and Hattie.

March 12th. Eva and Byron went to Brigham Canyon for the summer where Byron has employment.

April 1st. Received word that Sam and Ethel have another fine son.

April 15th. Today is Leslie's birthday. He is 24 years old.

April 16th. This is Charles birthday.

April 21, 1924. Leslie and Annie's baby was born, a fine girl, Marjorie. All doing well.

May 1st. Grandma Smith went to Smithfield for a visit. Little Letitia Allen is very sick with Typhoid fever. We administered to her and the power of the Priesthood was felt and she has been getting better ever since.

May 3rd. Have been to Ogden with the folks. Will's children had measles but were getting better. I saw Eva and Byron and was surely glad to see them. Sam and little Melvin came down to see us and took us to see Hattie on Sunday.

May 8th. This is mother's birthday. She is sixty-four years old today. She has been a good and faithful wife to me and is loved and respected by all of my children.

May 9th. I received a letter from Lester today. I was surely glad to hear from him.

May 10th. We celebrated Mother's birthday today. All of the children were here but Hattie, Sam, Lester and Eva. Seven children and thirty grandchildren were present. We all enjoyed the day, fine.

May 11th. Will took us to Hyrum. We had dinner with Sim and Wanda, then went to see Hattie and found Letitia much better for which we were thankful.

May 18th. Oscar took mother and I up to Sam's. We started at one o-clock, arrived at Tyhee at six. Had one blowout on the way. We found Sam and his family well and all glad to see us.

May 19th. Went with Sam to Pocatello. We cut one hundred sacks of potatoes for Sam to plant - also planted a fine big garden for him.

May 24th. We left for home arriving at 4:30 P.M. Sam and I went to Hyrum and found the folks there all well. Got back home at nine o'clock. The next morning Sam went home taking Sim and Myrtle with him.

May 30th. We all went to the cemetery and put flowers on Mother's (Janie) grave - Charles family, Jennie, Hattie, Mother and I, Leslie, Eva and Sim. Sam could not be there but sent flowers.

July - At home and in the Temple. Spent the 4th at home. The biggest days Logan ever had were the 24th and 25th. They estimated the crowd between fifty and sixty thousand. The parade was surely grand.

July 23rd. Just one year since dear Janie's death.

August 7th. Charles took mother and I, with his family, up Logan canyon for lunch. Later in the month Mother went to Tyhee to see Sam and Ethel and their family. I went to Brigham City to Brother James Olsen's funeral and was one of the speakers.

August 31st. Will and family and Lester came to see us.

September 3rd. Went to Brother Samuel Pike's funeral and was asked to dismiss the service.

September 21. Leda and Lester moved to Ogden.

October 11th. Went to Brigham City to celebrate by 69th birthday, which we did on Sunday, October 12th because some of the children could not come on the 13th. Nine of my children were present; Hattie and Sam could not be there. There were 33 grandchildren present, out of the 45, making a total of 50 present. We had a glorious time, splendid dinner, songs, music and games. We held a short meeting where we enjoyed much of the Spirit of the Lord. I bore my testimony to the children and exhorted them to faithfulness in keeping the commandments of God after which we started for home arriving about seven P.M.

November. We sent to Brigham City to the golden wedding of Brother and Sister S. N. Lee. I was asked to speak. Also sang them a song, "The Umbrella Courtship." We had a fine time.

December 3. I went to the funeral of one of our old friends, T. Heber Ralph. I was asked by the family to talk of our younger days. I had known him for 65 years. I was pleased to meet so many of my old friends. Had dinner with Sister Mary Hansen.

December 8th. Was asked to visit the High Priests of the Seventh Ward, took part in the lesson given. Had a good time with them.

On the 15th I went with Brother Frank Benson to visit the High Priests of the River Heights Ward.

December 17th. Mother and I invited Charles and Lula to go to the Capitol Theater with us. We enjoyed a good show. More than twelve inches of snow fell during the night. Vick Allen came for Mother at 2:30 A.M. The next morning Mother telephoned that Hattie had a fine big boy, born at six A.M. my 456th grandchild. This was a very cold day-registered 25-40 degrees below zero in parts of town.

December 25, 1924: Christmas morning and all are pretty well. The children were all happy because Santa was so generous. We went to Hyrum and saw Jennie and the children. Had breakfast at Sim's. Sim called Sam on the Phone, so I talked to him. Went home on the three O'clock car. Had supper with Eva. Spent the evening with Charl and family, enjoyed the radio concert.

December 31st. I am thankful this morning for the year just past, and for God's blessings unto me and mine; for the health I have been blessed with; for my homes, my wives and children and for the gospel and the hope of eternal life hereafter. I am thankful that we are all pretty well to start the New Year and that we have a testimony of the gospel.

February 24, 1925. This is my beloved wife Janie's birthday. It has brought to my mind many thoughts of the past. Two years ago all the children were at her home to celebrate her 64th birthday. Although in a very weak condition, she was cheerful and happy. Little did we think that this would be the last birthday we would spend with her on this earth. We were told on the 25th, by the Doctor, of the seriousness of her condition. She had the best of care and had all done for her that could be done. She was taken from us on the 23rd of July. She was one of the best of women, a lovable wife, an affectionate mother, a kind friend to all. We have missed her but submit to the will of the Lord. We hope to meet her in the Celestial Kingdom where all is peace.

This has been a wonderful month, the snow is all gone and it is spring weather.

March 12th. Charles and I were called to Pocatello on account of the serious illness of my son Sam. It was his birthday; he was 27 years old. We found him improving. Charles returned home the same night and I came home the next evening.

October 10th. Went to Hyrum. Some of the children met at Hattie's to celebrate my birthday.

October 13th. This is my 70th birthday. Some of the children came and had supper with us. We had a good time both on Saturday and on my birthday. I am feeling fine. Am thankful I have a standing in the church and that I have a testimony of the gospel-for my wives and children, and pray that the Lord will bless them and keep them in the faith.

Meryl and Eldon acted as proxies for baptism of sixty men and sixty women of the Dunn family.

January 28, 1926: Leslie, Jr. was born to Leslie and Annie.

January 29th. Charles was set apart as the President of the Logan Stake Young Men's Mutual Improvement Association.

February 9th. Mariam was born to Charles and Lula - my 48th Grandchild.

October 16, 1927. Letitia and I celebrated our Golden Wedding Anniversary in the College Ward Meetinghouse. All of the children and grandchildren were present, except Lester and his family. 70 in all. There were about 250 present. We had a glorious time, a fine feed and a good program, and danced until we were tired and enjoyed the spirit of the Lord. We are thankful that we have spent these fifty years together in the service of the Lord.

January 4, 1928. I am feeling fine, and enjoying my work.

(Here the dairy of Charles Oscar Dunn ends)

Family Members


  • Created by: SMSmith
  • Added: 13 Jan 2008
  • Find A Grave Memorial 23943467
  • Peggy Dunn
  • Find A Grave, database and images ( : accessed ), memorial page for Charles Oscar Dunn (13 Oct 1855–3 Mar 1939), Find A Grave Memorial no. 23943467, citing Logan City Cemetery, Logan, Cache County, Utah, USA ; Maintained by SMSmith (contributor 46491005) .