Father: Rev. Henry Bell (1838 - 1919) born in Woolsington, England --- Rural Dean of Gosforth and subsequently Canon of Carlisle Cathedral
Mother: Kathleen FitzGerald ( ___ - 1927) born in Valentia, County Kerry, Ireland --- Daughter of Sir Peter FitzGerald, 19th Knight of Kerry (Sept 15, 1808 - Aug 6, 1880) and Lady Julia (nee Hussey) FitzGerald
Aubrey FitzGerald Bell was born at the Vicarage of Muncaster, Ravenglass, Cumberland, England
Siblings: Henry FitzGerald Bell (1877 - 1910), Siraz Francis Loraine Bell (1884 - ___ ), Kathleen Mary Loraine Bell, Ida Constance Vere Bell and Gertrude Shiela Bell
Spouse: Barbara Lindsay Wilkie born in Umtali, Rhodesia, circa 1906 - They were married in 1933
Children: Alan Siric Lindsay Bell (1935 - 1993) and Gerald "Gerry" Douglas Loraine Bell (1936 - 2010)
Residence: Box 2273, R.R. #1 Cedar Hill Road, Saanich, Victoria, B.C.
- An Oxford graduate who was assistant librarian in the Department of Printed Books in the British Museum from 1905 to 1908
- Published author - More than 30 volumes bear the name Aubrey F. G. Bell on the title page
- Portuguese and Spanish scholar
- Spent much of his life in Spain and Portugal - For a time was Correspondent of the Morning Post in Spain - Wrote reviews for theTimes Literary Supplement - Purchased books for The British Museum
- He was invested with the Order of Santiago by the Portuguese government
- With the advent of WWII Aubrey F. G. Bell, his wife and two young children, reluctantly left Europe
- They sailed from Lisbon, Portugal aboard the Exochorda and arrived in New York on August 22, 1940
- The family initially moved to Toronto, Ontario before permanently settling in Victoria, B.C.