John Bell came to Georgia from South Carolina. According to old church records at Library at Andrew College, John J. Bell was the first deacon at Bethlehem Free Will Baptist Church. In olden times there was just one deacon and from around 1850 till after the civil war, this was Deacon Bell. Two of John and Sarah's sons died in the civil war and they had them brought to Bethlehem to be buried. They were James J. Bell, and Sampson F. Bell. Another son John jr. fought in the war but survived. (from ancestory.com ) and 1850 and 1860 census.
children of John Bell and Sarah
1. Epsy Ann 1838-1910 married James B. Brinson in 1853.
2. John J. Bell, Jr. 1839- he survived the war and was in 1870 Census.
3. James J. Bell 1842-1862. killed in civil war, died in hospital in Atlanta.
4. Sampson F. Bell 1845-1862 killed in civil war
5. Artemisia Bell 1849-1909 Married Littleton William Brinson in 1864, she and her sister Epsy Ann married brothers.
buried in unmarked grave according to church records