He was the oldest son of Michael KINSEL and Nancy LANE-KINSEL.
The actual burial place of John is unknown. A bibliographical and historical excerpt from Ringgold Co., IA, naming John's son, J.W. KINSEL, mentions John Sr. died in 1852 in McLean Co., IL., where it it presumed he is buried. His actual marked grave has not been recorded or located, to my knowledge.
After John's death, his wife, Sophena (also listed as Sophia/Sophenia/Spphina) A. DAYMUDE-KINSEL, remarried 12-29-1863 in McLean Co., IL to Harvey/Henry PEASE. Sophena moved to Ringgold Co., IA to be near her son J.W. KINSEL. She is buried close to him in Tingley Cemetery, Tingley Twp., Ringgold Co., IA.
John KINSEL/KINSELL and his wife Sophena DAYMUDE had at least 8 children:
1. "Kate" Catherine A. KINSELL who married first to Robert REEDY; secondly to Edward C. SALISBURY;
2. Margaret A. KENSEL/KINSELL who married George Walker SKIDMORE
3. Child-03 (male) KINSELL born between 1832-1835, according to 1840 US Federal Census
4. Child-04 (female) KINSELL born between 1835-1840, according to 1840 US Federal Census
5. Jacob Alton KINSELL who married "Emma/Virginia" Emily Virginia LANDES/LANDIS
6. Nancy Jane KINSELL who married "Frank" Francis M. HAMPTON
7. "Joy/William" John William KINSELL who married "Bell/Belle" Isabelle M. POLLOCK
8. "Ellen/Ella" Sarah Ellen KINSELL who married William P. GARDNER
COMMENT: The 1840 Madison Twp., Franklin Co., OH. Census spelled their surname as KENSALE, which was an alternate spelling used in Virginia for previous Census & Tax records of John's father, Michael KINSEL/KINSELL/KENSALE/KENSAIL/KENSEL/KINSALE/KINSAIL/KENSOLE, etc.
Kate, Margaret and Jacob all stayed in McLean County, IL; Nancy Jane and John William moved to Iowa. Their youngest sister Sarah Ellen moved to Nebraska.
Sophenia Ann Daymude Pease