Jacques was baptized in St-Firmin, in Normandel, France on 17 April 1615. He married Marguerite Mulier on 21 November 1645, in St-Pierre Church, La Poterie-au-Perche, France. There is also a plaque at this church commemorating Jacques and his half-sister Louise. The English translation of the plaque reads, "To Jacques Goulet born on April 17, 1615 in Normandel and Louise Goulet, born in La Poterie on July 26, 1628, wife of René Le Tarte, left La Poterie for Canada. 'I remember.'"
Jacques and Marguerite left for Quebec from La Rochelle, arriving in Quebec in September or October of 1646. The fleet of ships included the Cardinal, the Saint-Sauveur (or Neuf), and the Petit Saint-Christophe.
They are the parents of the following (verified with PRDH):
1) Genevieve (1646-1646)
2) Nicolas (1647-1721 md Xainte Cloutier
3) Jacques (1649-1659)
4) Rene (1650-1717) md Marie-Catherine Leroux
5) Louis (1653-1683) md Marie Godin
6) Charles (abt 1656-1717) md Marie-Anne rancin
7) Jacques (abt 1659-1681)
8) Thomas (1661-1729) md Marie-Marguerite-Louise Pancatelin
9) Francois (1664- )
10) Antoine (1666- ) md Marie-Madeleine Guyon dit Dion
11) Joseph (1669-1741) md Anne-Jeanne Julien
12) Marguerite (1675- )
He was buried on 28 November 1688.