Excerpt from Horace Gillette Cleveland's: Genealogy of Benjamin Cleveland, page 160, published 1879.
Jacob Burgess, the third son of Thomas helped to repair the meeting-house in 1654, and was early a member of the church. He served the town for many years in the subordinate offices of surveyor, constable, and grand juror. He took the oath of allegiance in 1657. He inherited, in behalf of his son Thomas, the paternal estate in Sandwich, while the other brothers removed, Thomas," to Newport, John, to Yarmouth, and Joseph,- to Rochester. He was one of the executors of his fathers will. He married Mary, daughter of Benjamin Nye, June 1, 1670, who died June 23, 1706. He died March 17, 1719.
1. Samuel, March 8, 1671.
2. Ebenezer, born Oct. 2, 1673; died May 22, 1750.
3. Jacob, born Oct. 18, 1676; died , 1769.
4. Thomas, born March —, 1680; died (probably) in 1757.
5. Benjamin, born (probably) in 1682; died at Marthas Vineyard, in 1753.
6. Mary, born (probably) in 1684, married Christopher Gifford, of Conway.