Husband of Sarah
Initially buried on his farm and moved to the North Burial Ground some time later
Sarah is buried next to him.
Flag on Grave
Inscription on Headstone Reads:
"In Memory of Capt. John Whipple who was born in England & Died in Providence Town ye 16th Day of May Anno Dom. 1685 about 68 Years of Age"
From Kaye Rasmessen Kelly:
( Descendants of Capt John Whipple, Of Providence, R.I., by David Jillson, New England Historical and Genealogical Register, Volume XXXII, October 1878, pages 403-407).
Sarah They or Darling b. c 1624, d. 1666
* Capt. John Whipple+ b. 1639/40, d. 15 Dec 1700
* Sarah Whipple+ b. 1642, d. a 1687
* Samuel Whipple b. 1644, d. 12 Mar 1710/11
* Eleazer Whipple b. c 1646, d. 25 Aug 1719
* Mary Whipple+ d. 12 Jul 1698
* William Whipple b. 1652, d. 9 Mar 1711/12
* Benjamin Whipple+ b. Jun 1654, d. 11 Mar 1703/4
* David Whipple b. c 1656, d. Dec 1710
* Abigail Whipple b. c 1660, d. 19 Aug 1725
* Col. Joseph Whipple b. 1662, d. 28 Apr 1746
* Lieut. Jonathan Whipple b. 1664, d. 8 Sep 1721
1. [S164] Newton, Clair A. H., Capt John Whipple.
2. [S166] Jillson, David, Capt. John Whipple.
Sarah Hutchinson Whipple