Residence, 1940: Concord, Cabarrus Co., NC
Wife: Mildred Elizabeth Parks Wall (1916 - 2004)
Father: Edwin A. Wall
Mother: Agnes Wall
Suggested edit: USAAF B-24L ''Black Nan''of the 464th Bomber Group directly hit on engine №1 by flak, setting it on fire and ripping the left wing off between the 1st and 2nd engines over Northern Italy.
Only a single crew member of the crew of 10, 1st Lieutnant Edward F. Walsh, radar navigator, survived the crash 20 seconds after being hit an 88 mm shell.
RIP all of them:
- Lieutnant colonel James Gilson, pilot.
- Captain Charles Foote IV, co-pilot.
- 1st Lieutnant Robert O'Leary, navigator.
- Captain Lacey Morton, navigator.
- Captain George Wall, bombardier.
- Sergent Jerrold Ruben, engineer/gunner
- Sergent Charles Montegut jr, radio/gunner.
- Sergent Robert Rogers, gunner.
- Sergent Norman Cope, tail gunner.
- Sergent Melvin Thomason, gunner.
Contributor: Andy (48021049) • [email protected]
Served in the US Army during WWII.
Mildred Elizabeth Parks Reece
Sponsored by Ancestry