Knight of Witton in Weardale, Durham, of Malton and Stokesley Yorkshire, Knight of the Shire for Yorkshire, Sheriff of Yorkshire.
Son and heir of Ralph Eures (or Evers) and Katherine Aton.
Husband of Maud FitzHugh, daughter of Sir Henry FitzHugh and Elizabeth de Grey, daughter of Robert de Grey.
They had six sons and six daughters:
* Sir Ralph
* Henry, esquire
* William, cleric, Archbishop of Salisbury
* Elizabeth, wife of John Hotham
* Isabel, wife of John Langton
* Katherine, wife of Sir Robert Ughtred
* Joan, wife of Sir Robert Ogle and John Pennington
William was at the Battle of Agincourt in 1415 in the regime of his father-in-law. Sir William was living 12 August 1461, but died before 12 Feb 1467. He and his wife were buried at Malton Abbey.