Find a Grave Community Rules
At Find a Grave, we are working together to create the best collection of cemetery records anywhere. These Community Rules are designed to help make that collaboration smoother and protect Find a Grave and fellow community members.
Here are some things you must do in order to participate on Find a Grave:
- Be at least 18 years old or, if you are between ages of 13 and 18, have the authorization of your parent or guardian. You may not use Find a Grave if you under 13 years of age.
- Read and agree to the Terms of Service as well as the Privacy Statement and rules listed on this website.
- Have a valid email address on file with Find a Grave
- Treat each other with respect and kindness and remember that we are all working together.
Here are some things that you are prohibited from doing and that may endanger your Find a Grave membership:
- Do not misrepresent your identity or your affiliations in any way to Find a Grave employees or representatives or other users of the Find a Grave website.
- Do not post, transmit, or send to any Find a Grave user, employee or representative anything that is illegal, threatening, harmful, abusive or otherwise objectionable, including, for example, but without limitation, anything harassing, invasive of another's privacy, degrading, defamatory, vulgar, hateful, libelous, fraudulent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, hateful or that promotes racial or ethnic bigotry or physical harm.
- Do not post, transmit, or display content which is protected by copyright or trademark or that does not belong to you and that you do not have authorization for use from the owner of the copyright or trademark, including but not limited to photos, published obituaries, and other information posted in memorials.
- Do not post, share, transmit, upload, or display content which contains personal, proprietary or confidential information that you do not have a right to transmit. Examples include, without limitation, posting any photos of living individuals without their permission or posting anyone else's sensitive financial information, home or work address, phone number, or email address without their consent. You are also prohibited from posting or uploading court documents that have been sealed or any other documents that are legally prohibited from being republished or publicly displayed.
- Do not post or publish any information that you know is false or misleading.
- Do not post or transmit promotional materials, junk mail, chain letters or any other form of solicitation. Functionality within the Find a Grave website or the Service that allow for user communication may not be used by members or visitors for any commercial purposes.
- Do not stalk or harass any Find a Grave users, employees or representative. Examples include, without limitation, using obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful, threatening, abusive or vulgar language, or any other action that is hateful racially or ethnically, or that otherwise harasses or promotes the harassment of others or abuses Find a Grave resources, such as misusing an Find a Grave employee's or representative's time.
- Do not abuse tools for suggesting corrections or additions or for messaging other Find a Grave members, for example, but not limited to, submitting excessive unwarranted corrections or repeatedly sending unwanted messages to another Find a Grave user.
- Do not reproduce, copy, sell, or otherwise distribute any portion of the Find a Grave website or Find a Grave database contents, or systematically download contents and data of the Find a Grave database to make or populate another database or for any other purpose.
- Do not “Deep link” or frame, inline link or mirror any part of the Find a Grave website without Find a Grave's written permission.
- Do not interfere or attempt to interfere with the Find a Grave website, including, by way of example, but not limitation, using any software program, virus or routine to block, obscure, overwrite or modify any Find a Grave-generated content or web pages, or to disrupt, damage, or destroy the software, hardware or telecommunications equipment of another person.
- Do not share your Find a Grave member password with any unauthorized person, or permit a child under the age of 13 to publish information or post content under your Find a Grave membership.
- Do not use the Websites for any illegal activity, or provide material which promotes or teaches illegal activity.
- Do not solicit passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Find a Grave users.
This list is not exclusive. Find a Grave prohibits all members and visitors from engaging in any activity that Find a Grave, in its sole discretion, believes is offensive, interferes with the rights of others, or may cause harm to any person, including to Find a Grave and its employees and representatives. Violation of, or acting inconsistently with, our rules may result in appropriate consequences, which may include, by way of example but not limitation, and at our sole discretion, suspension, cancellation or termination of the accounts of the offending user, and such violation may result in the forfeiture of any and all fees that the User has already paid to Find a Grave. The preceding sentence shall not in any way limit any other remedy, legal, equitable or otherwise, that Find a Grave may pursue.