|Robert Benson (#48060352)|
| || member for 4 years, 4 months|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
Interested in the following family names: Benson, Link, Murphy, Kennedy, Kelly, Mitchell, May, Landis, Einspahr, Gunderson, Beisner, Reinen.|
|Messages left for Robert Benson (10)||[Leave Message]|
|Kathy Monical||Beisner Obits - Iowa|
You're welcome on the obits.
You can find Iowa digitized newspapers, obits, at:
The Clarion newspaper and Hamilton County are where I searched and found Beisners.
|Tony May||RE: Picture Guita Benson|
You're welcome. Feel free to copy the photo.
Added by Tony May on Nov 21, 2015 6:52 PM
|Mike Kokoruda||RE: Kennedy, Anna Obit|
Searching microfilm for obits for the local
cemeteries ... lots of interesting people out there. Kinda fill in the blanks instead of having just a name, born and died, maybe a little
info, sometimes alot. But it might bring the person a little more in focus for the relatives or reader to research with.
|Ms Martie M||Ed Boyle; 85597874|
THANK YOU for the update info on the burial for this officer and for all you do.
|K - B||Valerian Stallbaumer|
He is buried in St. Joseph at Lillis. He is buried next to his wife, Helen, who died in 2003. There is a picture of the stone on his memorial, but it doesn't have his death date. I suppose it is possible the stone was removed to add the date, but he died over a year ago and I doubt his son would have waited so long to have it added. Thanks for trying.
Added by K - B on Jun 15, 2014 6:46 PM
|K - B||Francis Kramer|
Thanks for the wonderful photo. Your time and effort are greatly appreciated.
Added by K - B on Jun 15, 2014 4:17 PM
|Margel Soderberg||Charles & Elizabeth McCarty|
Thank you so very much for fulfilling my photo request for my 2x great grandparents - Charles and Elizabeth McCarty in the St. Joseph's Catholic Cemetery in Lillis, Kansas. It was a surprise to see the large headstone since I expected it to be very small and simple since I thought they were quite poor. I might have to rethink that assumption. I will need to contact the owner as Charles and Elizabeth are obviously the parents rather than the siblings of George W. McCarty. May I have your permission to use the photo in my online Ancestry.com tree?
Again, thank you so much.
Margel Walker Soderberg
|Kerry Johnson||RE: Mitchell Family|
Ancestors of CATHERINE M. MITCHELL - 20 Mar 2013
1. CATHERINE M. MITCHELL1 was born on 28 Oct 1867 in Irondale, Washington Co Mo.2-9 She was baptized on 2 Nov 1867 in Irondale, Washington Co Mo.2 She appeared in the census in 1880 in Breton, Washington, Missouri.10 She lived Buckner farm Neil Chiles road in MO between 1890 and 1964.5,7,8,11,12 She died on 12 Jul 1964 in Buckner, Jackson Co., MO.3-7,9,13-15 She was buried on 15 Jul 1964 in BUCKNER HILL CEMETERY JACKSON CO MO.4-7 She had Social Security Number 489-44-2301.16 Early adulthood prior to marriage she was a dressmaker in KANSAS CITY JACKSON CO MO. She was catholic.2,5-7,9 She was also known as Kate.17
MET HUSBAND TO BE WHILE VISITING HER AUNT ELLEN
WAS OFTEN NEIGHBORHOOD MIDWIFE... ONCE STAYED UP ALLNIGHT TO MAKE BURIAL GOWN FOR STILLBORN INFANT
2. JOHN MITCHELL was born in 1820 in Tuam Galway IRELAND.18 He appeared in the census in 1860 in WASHINGTON CO MO.19 LOOKS LIKE THEY RAN A BOARDING HOUSE 12 UNRELATED MEN LIVING WITH THEM ALL (BUT 1 ) FROM IRELAND In 1870 he was a furnace hand in Irondale, Washington Co Mo.20 He appeared in the census in 1870 in WASHINGTON CO MO.21 He died on 8 Feb 1874 in BISMARCK, St Francois Co., MO.3 JOHN MITCHELL and MARY MC DONNALL were married on 4 Feb 1854 in Pennsylvania.3
3. MARY MC DONNALL was born in 1833 in CINCINNATI OHIO.3 1870 CENSUS B PLACE LISTED AS PENN
1860 '' '' '' ''' ''' '' '' IRELAND
1880 place listed as Md
daughter Julia's death certificate says Baltimore Maryland She died on 22 Jul 1870 in Irondale, Washington Co Mo.3 4 DAYS AFTER LAST CHILD... CHILDBED FEVER? She was buried in IRONDALE MO?. ALSO SPELLED MCDONALD
WAS HER MIDDLE NAME "CELIA? "KATIE ANTHONY REMEMBERED THE TRIP TO CATHERINE'S MOTHER'S GRAVE... NAME ON STONE IS CELIA NOT MARY.CENSUS SAYS MOTHER WAS MARY. CELIA WAS A NAME USED BY CATHERINE FOR HER DAUGHER AS WAS MARY. PHOTO OF STONE TAKEN ON TRIP IN QUESTION. JOHN MITCHELL and MARY MC DONNALL had the following children:
i. MICHAEL MITCHELL was born on 25 Apr 1855.3 He died on 8 Aug 1856.3
ii. MARY ELLEN MITCHELL was born on 13 Jan 1857 in MO.3,22,23 She was baptized on 25 Jan 1857 in ST JAMES PARISH POTOSI WASHINGTON CO MO.24 She appeared in the census in 1880 in ST LOUIS, St Louis CO, MO.25 servant in the home of V. HEBERT She died on 5 Jun 1899.3 IN CHILDBIRTH? She was buried on 5 Jun 1899 in St Peter and Paul cemetery , 7030 Gravois Ave, St Louis Mo.26 section 013E row 16 lot 00PG She lived 3402 Eads Ave in ST LOUIS, St Louis CO, MO in 1918.
iii. PATRICK F. MITCHELL was born on 11 Nov 1859 in MO.3 He was buried in Dec 1859 in ST JAMES PARISH POTOSI WASHINGTON CO MO.27 He died on 23 Dec 1859 in Potosi, Washington Co., Mo.3,27
iv. JOHN MORGAN MITCHELL was born on 17 Nov 1860 in MO.3 He died on 9 Apr 1880.3
v. JULIA ANN MITCHELL was born on 23 Jan 1862 in Irondale, Washington Co Mo.3,28,29 She appeared in the census in 1880 in Breton, Washington, Missouri.30 as servant in home of Robert H. ERENS She died bronchiogenic carcinoma on 1 Dec 1943 in KANSAS CITY JACKSON CO MO.3,29,31 AT HOME 4035 FOREST AVE KCMO She was buried on 3 Dec 1943 in CALVARY CEMETERY JACKSON CO MO.31 ON TROOST AVE
vi. MARGARET #1 MITCHELL was born on 7 Jan 1863.3 She died on 15 Apr 1865.3
vii. MICHAEL FRANCIS MITCHELL was born on 4 Oct 1865 in MO.3 He died on 6 Jun 1871.3 1870 CENSUS CALLS HIM FRANCIS M.
1 viii. CATHERINE M. MITCHELL.
ix. MARGARET #2 MITCHELL was born on 18 Jul 1870 in MO.3 She died on 23 Jul 1870.3
4. PATRICK MITCHELL was born between 1790 and 1792 in IRELAND.32 He was CATHOLIC between 1857 and 1870 in ST JAMES PARISH POTOSI WASHINGTON CO MO. He appeared in the census in 1860 in WASHINGTON CO MO.33,34 He died on 7 Aug 1870.3 He lived iRONDALE WASHINGTON CO MO JAN 1857-fEB 1970.22 1870 census washington co mo living with son john PATRICK MITCHELL and MARY COSGROVE were married about 1819 in IRELAND.
5. MARY COSGROVE35 was born about 1792 in IRELAND. She died between 1838 and 1860. likely 1859 as many children died that year SPELLING DIFFICULT TO DISCERN, COULD BE COSGRAVE PATRICK MITCHELL and MARY COSGROVE had the following children:
2 i. JOHN MITCHELL.
ii. Selia MITCHELL was born in 1838 in IRELAND. She died in 1859 in Potosi, Washington Co., Mo. She was buried in 1859 in ST JAMES PARISH POTOSI WASHINGTON CO MO.
iii. Lucy MITCHELL died in 1859 in Potosi, Washington Co., Mo. She was buried in 1859 in ST JAMES PARISH POTOSI WASHINGTON CO MO. not proven as child
iv. CATHERINE MITCHELL was born in 1835 in IRELAND.36 She was buried in Dec 1859 in ST JAMES PARISH POTOSI WASHINGTON CO MO.37 She died on 23 Dec 1859 in NEAR POTOSI WASHINGTON CO MO.27 INTERESTING SHE IS ON 1860 CENSUS ALTHOUGH DIED IN DECEMBER. wONDER HOW CENSUS TAKER ASKED THE QUESTIONS?
v. ELLEN MITCHELL was born in Jun 1837 in Tuam Galway IRELAND.38 She lived in Buckner, Jackson Co., MO between 1857 and 1909.38 She appeared in the census in 1880 in Fort Osage, Jackson Co., Missouri.39 She died on 20 Dec 1909 in INDEPENDENCE MISSOURI JACKSON CO.38 at home of her daughter Mary Costello 801 North Noland Street at 10:20 She was buried in ST MARY'S CEMETERY, Independence, Jackson Co., MO.38 NOLAND RD AND PACIFIC She was catholic.38 LIVED BUCKNER MO... NEXT DOOR TO NIECE CATHERINE'S HUSBAND TO BE'S PARENTS THE PROPSTS.
vi. PATRICK MITCHELL was born in 1838 in IRELAND.40 He appeared in the census in 1860 in WASHINGTON CO MO.41 He died after 1860. there is a patrick Mitchell buried in Potosi death date is 1859
vii. SUSAN F MITCHELL42 was born about 1839. QUESTIONABLE CHILD She died by 1880 in ironton, Iron Co Mo. NOT PROVEN CHILD TO PATRICK
6. Morgan MC DONNALL was born about 1800. He died between 1850 and 1860. Morgan MC DONNALL and Julia CARROL were married about 1830 in IRELAND?.
7. Julia CARROL was born about 1800. She died between 1850 and 1860. Morgan MC DONNALL and Julia CARROL had the following children:
3 i. MARY MC DONNALL.
ii. ANNE MC DONNALL was born in 1846 in OHIO.43 AGE 21 1870 CENSUS She appeared in the census in 1860 in WASHINGTON CO MO.44 WITH SISTER MARY MITCHELL She appeared in the census in 1880 in Breton, Washington, Missouri.10 She died in 1891 in WASHINGTON CO MO. She was buried in 1891 in ST JAMES PARISH POTOSI WASHINGTON CO MO. NO TOMBSTONE PRESENT NOW ALSO MCDONALD
iii. DANIEL MC DONNALL was born in 1850 in MD.45 He appeared in the census in 1860 in WASHINGTON CO MO.46 ALSO MCDONALD
1. Bernard Leibach, photo taken during funeral visitation.
2. St James Parish Potosi washington co mo, microfilmed parish record books (lds microfilm reel 212 St Louis Diocesean Parish records ).
3. June Propst ?, 3x 5 notecard with typed dates for family of John and Mary M
numbers in parenthesis were added in red ink later.
4. Kerry Fleming (Buckner Hill Cemetery).
5. (Kansas City Times
July 13, 1965 pg 35).
6. (Independence Examiner Monday July 13, 1964 pg 3).
7. (Fort News Buckner Mo July 17, 1964).
8. newspaper clipping (unknown likely Buckner or KC Star 1950).
9. Likely Hermann Mo July 1964 (ca 19th).
10. 1880 census, Census Place Breton, Washington, Missouri
Family History Library Film 1254740
NA Film Number T9-0740
Page Number 15B.
11. (likely K C Star 9 July 1964).
12. (Fort Osage News Friday July 10 1964 pg 1 col 2).
13. FUNERAL CARDS.
14. FUNERAL CARDS
DEATH CERTIFICATE MISSOURI FILE # 0027346
NEWSPAPER OBIT KC TIMES PG 35 JULY 13 1964
15. (Mo file number 0027346).
16. (ancestry on line).
17. (The Buckner Star
Vol VI No 3
Buckner Mo May 16 1902
18. FEDERAL CENSUS MICROFILM, P 16 LINE 22.
19. ELIZABETH PRATHER ELLSBERRY , 1860 FEDERAL CENSUS FOR wASHINGTON cO MO (BOX 206 CHILLICOTHE, MO ), P 19 DW 281.
20. FEDERAL CENSUS MICROFILM, PG 16 LINE 22 HH 107/88.
21. Ibid., PG 16 CONCORD TWP LINE 22 HH 107/88.
22. Latter Day Saints filmed, marriage records 1827-1950
(Microfilm reel in St Louis County Library Roll 212 of Book A 1827-1950
St Louis Archdiocesan Parish Records
Call number 1906606 V
23. ST JAMES PARISH POTOSI MO ST LOUIS ARCHDIOCESAN PARISH RECORDS, MICROFILM REEL 212 (LDS FILMED).
24. Ibid., book b babtisms 1827 to 1878.
25. 1880 census, Census Place St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri
Family History Library Film 1254723
NA Film Number T9-0723
St. Louis Enumeration First Enumeration
Page Number 549A.
27. tombstone photo 1950.
28. card from funeral service.
29. B Mueller-Thym & co. kansas City Mo.
30. 1880 census, Census Place Breton, Washington, Missouri
Family History Library Film 1254740
NA Film Number T9-0740
Page Number 29B.
31. death certificate, Mo # 41189.
32. ELIZABETH PRATHER ELLSBERRY , 1860 FEDERAL CENSUS FOR wASHINGTON cO MO, P17 DW 249.
33. 1830 census Pickaway Co Ohio, p103 line 17.
34. ELIZABETH PRATHER ELLSBERRY , 1860 FEDERAL CENSUS FOR wASHINGTON cO MO, PG 17
35. Latter Day Saints filmed, marriage records 1827-1950, BOOK A LISTED AS PARENT OF ELLEN MITCHEL AND WIFE OF PATRICK MITCHEL.
36. ELIZABETH PRATHER ELLSBERRY , 1860 FEDERAL CENSUS FOR wASHINGTON cO MO, PG 17
37. PHOTO OF STONE, SEE SCANNED PHOTO.
38. (The Buckner record Thursday Dec 23, 1909 Vol 3 no 27
pg 1 col 2
39. 1880 census, Census Place Fort Osage, Jackson, Missouri
Family History Library Film 1254694
NA Film Number T9-0694
Page Number 114A.
40. ELIZABETH PRATHER ELLSBERRY , 1860 FEDERAL CENSUS FOR wASHINGTON cO MO, P17
41. Ibid., WITH FATHER
DW 249 PG 17.
42. MARRIAGE RECORDS OF WASHINGTON CO MO.
43. ELIZABETH PRATHER ELLSBERRY , 1860 FEDERAL CENSUS FOR wASHINGTON cO MO, PG 19 DW 281.
44. Ibid., P19 DW 281.
45. Ibid., WITH SISTER MARY MITCHELL
PG 19 DW 281.
46. 1860 census, WITH SISTER MARY MITCHELL
PG 19 DW 281.
|Connie Chrisman Hatch||Katherine (Katie) Link|
Thank you for the link to her memorial. I have contacted the "owner" of her memorial and asked to have her linked to her parents.
Thank you so much!
Thank you Bob for doing this for me. I am pretty much in a chair most of the day because of my knee. I am trying to avoid knee surgery. I appreciate the fact you went out and got the photo of the grave site. Cheryl
Added by Cherie on Apr 16, 2013 6:28 PM
|[View all messages...]|