|Constance Shook Schaffer (#47169487)|
| || member for 7 years, 9 months, 6 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
The story goes that I was born in the alley behind the original Marcus Daly Hospital. Dad didn't quite make it there in time. The family was picniking on the Montana Idaho line up the west fork. Went to school in Hamilton, Baker Creek (up the West Fork), Victor and Darby. Am retired and started doing genealogy about nine years ago. I find Cemeteries very interesting and have made a couple of trips out of state to take pictures of grave markers. One trip to Minnesota with great results and one trip to Idaho.|
The names I am most interested in are Shook, Greenup, Overturf, Stanley, Gaffney and Kent as these are my direct line of ancestors. In-laws Schaffers and ancestors.
|Messages left for Constance Shook... (121)||[Leave Message]|
|tom c||Lone Pine Cemetery|
Constance.--I wanted to thank you for all the edit info you have worked with me on in this Cemetery, its what makes Find-A-Grave work so well. I have gone through the whole Cemetery and am on to the next project, your photos and sites for Lone Pine are great. I am amazed how much wear and tare there shows from when you got your photos to when I took mine, some only 4 or 5 years apart. Again Thank you, Tom C.
Added by tom c on Apr 09, 2017 12:18 PM
I have physically gone to the Cemetery and taken a photo of William's headstone. It clearly gives his middle initial as G, though his name is William Chaplain and gives the birth year as 27 Aug 1884 and death as 13 Dec 1918.
I submitted changes but thought you might like to reflect the errors in the body of the memorial somewhere.
In my research I have this entry:
Montana Death Index, 1907-2002
about William C. Waddell
Name: William C. Waddell
Estimated birth year: 1884
Death Date: 12 Dec 1918
Index Number: 59519
Comments: Contact Office of Vital Statistics, Helena, MT for County
Source: Montana Office of Vital Statistics
Added by Gloria on Jan 20, 2016 5:11 PM
|Ginny Berry||RE: Dorothy Greenup Pearce|
|ℒℴѵℯ ღ Peck-Millay||RE: Semion Buck Buchanan|
Your welcome. I did add the links to his family on his edit page.
Added by ℒℴѵT... on Dec 17, 2015 10:54 AM
|K. Roberts||Lone pine|
Do you know if Allanya DaRay Thorning is a burial or a Cenotaph?
|Gloria||RE: 107444525 Mildred S. Field Wadell|
Sorry about that.
Added by Gloria on Jun 01, 2015 11:25 PM
|Gloria||107444525 Mildred S. Field Wadell|
This is my great-great-grandmother. When I was last in Ravalli, I was unable to locate her burial site.
I would love to sponser her memorial. If you are so inclined to transfer, please let me know.
Added by Gloria on May 31, 2015 11:09 PM
|kaschu||RE: Helen Randall|
Added by kaschu on Apr 07, 2015 11:38 AM
|James Hoy||Parents of John Kent|
Sent an email to the hotmail address last week but suspect that you did not get it.
Thought that I would give you some of the reasons that I believe that the John Milton Kent (Find A Grave # 11843062) is the son of William Kent (32116758) and Elizabeth (Odenbaugh) Kent (32116938).
• 1850 Federal Census, Franklin Township, Greene County, Pennsylvania. Milt Kent, aged 17, was censused in the household of William and Elizabeth Kent.
• 1850 Federal Census, 37th District Monongalia Co., Virginia. Mary A. Hinegardner aged 9 was censused in the household of Samuel and Veronica Hinegardner.
• 1855 William Kent moved his family to Wayne Township, Greene Co., Pa where he established a mill. This mill was located in the current day village of Brave about 300 yards north of the PA/WV State line and about 3-6 miles from the Hinegardner Farm
• 22 Mar 1858 John Milton Kent married Mary A. Hinegardner, daughter of Samuel and Veronica (Showalter) Hinegardner by William King, Esq. (Source Thomas Kent and his descendants (1748-1835) by Doris Banke Kent 1995.)
• 1860 Federal Census Wayne Township, Greene Co., PA. William Kent was censused without a son John or Milton.
• 1860 Federal Census, 7th District, Monongalia Co., Virginia. Milt Kent, aged 27 born in PA, was censused with Mary A., aged 19, with one child, Samuel, age 1.
• 1861 West Virginia is formed from Virginia
• 1870 Federal Census, Penn Township, Sullivan Co., Missouri. John M. Kent, aged 37, born in PA is censused with Mary, age 31 born in VA and the following children: Samuel I., age 11 born in PA., Elizabeth J., age 9, born in VA., W.J., age 7, born in VA, Thomas E., age 5, born in VA, Hiram S., age 3, born in VA and Manfried, aged 7/12 born in Missouri.
• 1880, 1900, 1910 & 1920 John Milton and/or Mary A. continue to be censused Penn Township, Sullivan Co., Missouri with John having been born in PA & Mary A. in VA or WV.
• 1888 The will of William Kent leaves the home farm to two of his sons, J. Milton and Inghram Kent.
• 1906 & 1931 John Milton and Mary A. Kent are buried in the Hawkeye Cemetery, Sullivan Co., Missouri.
• Some secondary evidence is that William Harrison Kent, Thomas Jefferson Kent and Elizabeth Jane (Kent) Bradford also migrated to Sullivan Co. about 1869. William Harrison and Elizabeth are also buried in the Hawkeye Cemetery. I believe that they were siblings of John Milton Kent. Finally, some of the names that were frequently used, Inghram, William Thomas, Hiram, Elizabeth, Catherine and Lydia, are common to the Kent Family of Greene Co., PA.
I hope that this makes sense to you and that you will consider entering William (32116758) and Elizabeth (Odenbaugh) Kent (32116938) as the parents of the John Milton Kent memorial. (11843062) I have enjoyed looking for primary evidence regarding John Milton Kent and I thank for that and the time & effort you contribute to Find-A-Grave.
Jim Hoy Find A Grave # 47996648
|mark schaffer||Family history|
Good day. My name is Mark Schaffer, son of George H Schaffer(1922-1982) and Stella Holmgren. I would like to know more of the family history. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can be reached here or email@example.com.
|[View all messages...]|