|Don Kelloway (#47656126)|
| || member for 5 years, 8 months, 9 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
I am a direct descendant of several notable ancestors through my father's side of the family including:|
* Lieut. Joseph Kellogg (1626-1707), who emigrated to America prior to 1653 and became an early proprietor of Hadley, MA. He is my 9th great-grandfather.
* James Cutler (1606-1694), who in 1634 landed at Watertown, Colony of Massachusetts, North America. He is my 10th great-grandfather.
* Deacon Samuel Chapin (1598-1675), who emigrated to America in 1638 and is one of the founders of Springfield, MA in 1641. He is my 11th great-grandfather.
The oldest ancestor I am aware of is Nicholas Kellogg (1488-1558), who was the son of Nicholas Kellogg, Lord of Audley. He is my 13th great-grandfather.
My wife is a direct descendant of:
* George Soule (1593-1679), who is one of the Mayflower Pilgrims, who landed in America in 1620. He is her 10th great-grandfather.
* John Alden (1598-1687), who is one of the Mayflower Pilgrims and said to be the first person to set foot on Plymouth Rock in 1620. He is her 11th great-grandfather.
Other notable persons in our family tree include:
* Harry Foster Chapin (Musician) is an 8th cousin once removed of my paternal grandmother
* Mary Chapin Carpenter (Musician) is an 8th cousin once removed of my paternal grandmother
* Will Keith Kellogg (Founder of Kelloggs Cereal) is a 4th cousin 5 times removed of my father
* President William Howard Taft is a 7th cousin twice removed of my great-grandfather
* President John Adams, Jr. is related (17 steps)
* President John Quincy Adams is related (18 steps)
* Warren Buffett (Investor and philanthropist) is related (23 steps)
* William Bradford (Mayflower Pilgrim) is related (23 steps)
* Clinton Eastwood, Jr. (Actor) is related (24 steps)
* Norma Jean Baker (Actor) is an 8th cousin once removed of my wife's grandfather
* Orson Welles (Director) is an 8th cousin once removed of my wife's grandfather
* Richard Tiffany Gere (Actor) is a 9th cousin of my mother-in-law
* Dick van Dyke (Actor) is a 9th cousin of my mother-in-law
* Barry van Dyke (Actor) is related (22 steps)
As I have worked towards building our family tree the "Find A Grave" web site has been an invaluable source of information. And because my hobbies include photography and genealogy, I am gladly volunteering my efforts to try and photograph gravestones in my area.
|Find A Grave Friends|
Anonymous, Chip5610, Dave Robison, DeeB, Deidre Saladin-..., ditdit, Donna Hasbrouck, DRWangen, eobfindagrave, genealogyfever, Ian Macaulay, Judy Winn Grave..., Kevin Avery, Sally Roxanne C..., Scott Southwick, Stone Finders
|Messages left for Don Kelloway (72)||[Leave Message]|
|TJG||RE: Polly Gould Pond Headstone|
It appears from the second picture with the two sections laying flat on the ground, located at the bottom of the lower section, that the name "Olive" is visible. Do you see that as well?
Added by TJG on Apr 17, 2017 10:02 PM
|TJG||RE: Polly Gould Pond Headstone|
Thank you for the headstone transcription.
Added by TJG on Apr 15, 2017 11:51 AM
|TJG||Polly Gould Pond Headstone|
Hi, I see you posted a pic of Polly Pond's broken headstone, Find A Grave Memorial# 69353468, with the headstone pieces in the vertical position last March. It's difficult to read the inscription, because the photo resolution appears limited which I suspect it's a result of uploading to the website. Do you have a higher resolution pic that clearly indicates the headstone dates and inscription? If so, please transcribe the inscription. Regards
Added by TJG on Mar 29, 2017 10:12 PM
|Dave Robison||RE: Willard McKinstry #15740977|
Thanks! Very interesting website that I would have otherwise never seen.
I'll make a note in the Chicopee Street memorial.
I've got my work cut out for me at Find-A-Grave...John O'Connor has transferred all the memorials we had worked on over the years....about 18,000!! He's pretty much retired from all of his research activities as he's approaching his mid-80's. I wish he had a USB port in his forehead so all of his knowledge could be downloaded before it's too late!!
We'll probably communicate again.
|Dave Robison||Willard McKinstry #15740977|
Or should I say "Cousin Don?" We're Chapin cousins and we've communicated a while back. I have to ask for your opinion. Another Chapin cousin from New Hampshire has pointed out a stone in New York with Willard McKinstry's name which states "Born in Chicopee, MA." See #15740977. But we also have him in the Chicopee Street Cemetery, #63343992. I just don't know which one is the grave and which is the cenotaph. Birth and death years are the same, 1815-1899.
Old Bones Genealogy of New England
My husband is also related to John Alden of the Mayflower.. Small world.
Added by Gloria on Nov 12, 2016 4:13 AM
|Gloria||Susanna Arnold Farnum|
Thank you for the great photos and for your time and efforts.
Added by Gloria on Nov 12, 2016 4:11 AM
|B L Larson||Beriah Brastow|
Thank you for posting the marker photo for Beriah Brastow. It is a wonder the marker still stands after 200 years!
|Erin Bohannon||RE: Alonzo B. and Drucilla M Tripp|
Sometimes you get lucky with the sun and the condition of the stone.... and sometimes you don't. I can read it, with a little upping of the contrast, and that is just fine for me! Perfection is not an easy thing to achieve, unless you want to camp out in front of the stone all day waiting for the best possible light. I am quite happy with what you got. :D
|Erin Bohannon||Alonzo B. and Drucilla M Tripp|
Thank you so much for the photos! I can see you had the daylight against you... I tend to run into that a lot. :D Thanks for the closeup...it definitely helps! At least it was raised writig, and not the flat writing on granite that I seem to run up against...can really be a challenge to get a photo that shows anything at all! Drucilla was my first cousin, 5 generations removed...very awesome to see where all the relatives ended up.
|[View all messages...]|