|Bio and Links|
I have disabled the messages. I DO NOT APPRECIATE nasty and rude messages from some of you. I have had it. Throughout the time I have been here, the contributors' attitudes have noticeably gone from great to WORSE. If you have this attitude, you really shouldn't be a volunteer here. |
If I am not related to the deceased, I will gladly transfer ONLY if you ask nicely. When asking for a transfer, please explain your relationship to this person.
"So it goes..." --Kurt Vonnegut (Slaughterhouse Five)
When suggesting an edited death place, please use the actual death place, not the LAST RESIDENCE suggested in the U.S. Social Security Death Index record unless it is same as the death place.
(1) My #1 pet peeve here at Find A Grave is UNKNOWN BURIALS. Find A Grave STRONGLY discourages, and disapproves of, unknown burials. If there is no mention of a burial or cremation in the obituary or any funeral home's web site, DO NOT create memorials!!! Calling a funeral home just to find out so you can create a memorial is tacky, in my opinion. If there's no burial or cremation, there's none! If I come across one, I will report it or let you know that you have up to 30 days to edit the burial status. UPDATE: I am working on updating the unknown burials on my side. It will take a while.
When contributors create unknown burials, the names of the deceased will "disappear." Other contributors will think there are no memorials and end up creating duplicates. To avoid creating duplicates, PLEASE search by name without a cemetery first.
(2) Find A Grave also STRONGLY disapproves of deleting memorials with pictures or stuff other people put in your memorials you originally created just because you don't like it or they didn't delete it as fast as you want them to, and then re-creating new ones. If you find pictures or stuff you don't want in your memorials, please send a nice message via Suggest A Correction (SAC) and wait patiently for 30 days. DO NOT HARASS THEM! If there are no results, then feel free to contact Find A Grave. This also goes for those who requested transfers and don't get them!
Keep in mind that if you delete your original memorial to re-create a new one, you lose your position in the line. What I meant is if someone else unknowingly creates a duplicate and then you, not aware of the duplicate, delete yours to re-create another one, yours will be considered as a duplicate and deleted, not the other duplicate, because your memorial number will be higher than that duplicate's. That duplicate will then be considered as an original.
(3) DO NOT add marriage licenses and/or death certificates on my memorials. They are not necessary and take up space intended for pictures.
(4) DO NOT add obituaries or lengthy notes in the flowers/notes area in the memorials in not only my memorials, but other contributors' as well. When I find them, I will report them as abusive.
(5) If you receive messages that you don't understand or are not sure, DO NOT BLAST THE MESSENGER with a nasty attitude and language. It is much easier to just simply ask nicely. When I get those nasty messages and emails, I won't read and will delete them.
|Find A Grave Friends|
Anita D., Doug Kalahar, Gary Poser, J F-B, Jade, JARROTT P. COX, JFI, Joe Todd, JuLayneT, Kevin Avery, KsCityKim, lori fuller, Nanette Kurgan ..., PastMemories, Patty Foster, Paul Selk, Perrys, Roanho, Roger Vick, Ted Storck