|B.G. Wiehle (#47113682)|
| || member for 7 years, 11 months, 29 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
Canadian with German parents from Silesia and Transylvania (more on my genealogy website)|
My Find-a-Grave contributions focus on memorials with family connections in Canada and USA, and adding memorials and photographs for local cemeteries in West Elgin and Stratford.
West Elgin (Ontario) Cemeteries
Re: Avondale Cemetery, Stratford ON
• Completed Sections *
- full sections: New Soldiers, Blocks A, B, J, T, W, Ranges 1, 2, 14, 19-22, 26 (St. Richard), St. Cecilia, St. Mark, Pottersfield
- Subsections HH & HHH, Rdwy H&I, Rdwy H, I (Soldiers) & I (Infants), Rdwy L&R (including Easson Mound & Sons of England Mound), Walsh Mound (within St. Patrick Section), IOOF plot (part of Section R)
- 3 Columbariums (Walls, Fields, Christ the King), Garden Mausoleum, & 5 family crypts (Daly, Jamieson, Robinson, Kawalecki, Hamilton)
- Other Projects: "Avondale Notables" (locally significant persons, but not necessarily famous by Find-a-Grave criteria; see virtual cemetery), "Misc Military" (see virtual cemetery), various surnames
* will check for new interments and changes at least once a year
• 2017 In-Progress
- another early Spring: will use snow-free opportunities for priority photo list, but some sections do take longer to dry out
- working on adding info from other sources
- planned: C (only unmarked still tbd), U, Q, St. Peter, remaining missing photos (<40 pre-2017 memorials without gravestone photos, mostly unmarked graves; added to list are newly-added memorials)
- Other Projects
• Note: I use the Avondale cemetery database as the source for plot identification. However, there are several reasons for deviating - subsections, errors, multiple markers, omissions - which should be appended to the plot text or marker location. Omissions ("not in cemetery database") are problematic, as they may be due to database errors or name changes (that is, present in database, but not yet identified) or actual burial elsewhere. [FYI The burial register, 1871-1924 accessible at the Stratford-Perth Archives, uses the same section and lot numbering].
Memorial owners: Please leave a public message (or send an email) if you want my source(s) for corrections I've suggested. The automated set-up makes updating very easy, but communication of details is limited.
|Find A Grave Friends|
Barbara Richard..., CaraMaeH,Tony o..., Cathi Moore, ctwardo, D S, Frank & Pat Bun..., HeatherMarie, Jill, Kathy Coker, Michael Skindel..., My Family Searc..., Polar Bear Mom, Smith Favaro, Tom Loghrin
|Messages left for B.G. Wiehle (194)||[Leave Message]|
|Bev Dowson||RE: John & Bessie Goodman|
OK Please & thank you for everything!
|Bev Dowson||John & Bessie Goodman|
Thank you for getting the picture for John & Bessie. May I use the picture on my tree siting you for taking it? Thanking you in advance, Bev
|Glen||RE: Mary Ann McCarty Critchley as parent|
hi, Yes it is true that there is an older version of several of my memorials. I have tried repeatedly to contact the person/s controlling these older, and not particularly correct memorials but they are unresponsive or unwilling to pass over the memorials to a direct descendant (ie: me) so I could correct them. It was very frustrating as these persons are apparently not even related and certainly not even located in the correct country to have any connection to this particular McCarty family. It was a last resort to create my own correct memorials with correct details and detailed biography. You'll also note that my memorials connect to a full line of descendants for many generations, whereas the old unresponsive entries are now a dead end and unlikely to ever be added to. sincerely Glen - Sydney, Australia
Added by Glen on Mar 05, 2017 1:55 PM
|Anonymous||RE: Joseph Crocker & Jane Norfolk at Avondale|
Thank you so much for updating Jane's memorial. I appreciate all you do for find a grave!
|Sharon Fulton||Find A Grave Memorial# 146979635 Jean Wilton Glaab|
Hello again! I've just been doing some work on my memorials and noticed that you transferred Jean Wilton Glaab and her husband to me. I had no idea you'd done that as I never received the usual notification email from Find A Grave. But thank you! I didn't know about Jean but the names of her parents in her obit were confirmation that she is part of our line of Wiltons.
Thanks again! :)
|newsoul||RE: Mary Evelyn Osborne Mitchell|
Hi, I concur with the removal, as I was going to do it after I discovered that there was in fact a Robert Jeffery Mitchell that was born in 1910 in Waterloo to Robert Sr and Clara, and were listed living in Waterloo in 1911, and in Perth in 1921, (with Clara as a widow). Thanks for the removal.
Added by newsoul on Feb 10, 2017 7:00 PM
|Calliope||RE: Hugh Stevenson #172690992|
Thank you for confirming that this was not my lost mayor! I will continue looking him at the graveyard!
Added by Calliope on Feb 07, 2017 6:17 PM
|Sharon Fulton||Wiltons at Avondale|
Hi there! You've been quite a help with my Wiltons in Avondale so I was hoping I could impose upon you once again.
I am trying to determine if Margaret "Maggie" (nee Edwards) Wilton is buried at Avondale. She isn't in the cemetery database. Her husband Samuel is buried there, in Section W, Lot 8 (Find A Grave Memorial#134861009) but her name is not on the stone with his.
You made a comment in the plot section of Samuel's memorial that he was not in the cemetery database but was in the burial register. So maybe Margaret is in the burial register? She died in Stratford on Oct 24, 1885.
Thanks in advance for any info you might have. :)
|johnny||RE: Re:: [Shirley Fairles' memorial suggestion?]|
no not related. Shirley was a friend who I admired. The bio I submitted was edited not copied.
Added by johnny on Jan 29, 2017 3:35 PM
|johnny||RE: Re:: [Shirley Fairles' memorial suggestion?]|
No, not related, but A fond/admirer friend of Shirley.
Added by johnny on Jan 29, 2017 1:36 PM
|[View all messages...]|