|Birth: ||Jun. 17, 1653|
Henrich (Henry) was born in Altheim, Province of Alsace Loraine, Germany. Baptized on 17 June 1663. He was the son of Jacob and Anna (Hirtzeller) Frey. He married Anna Catherine Levering on April 26, 1692 in Germantown, Pennsylvania. This was the first marriage in the "Friends Meeting House", Germantown, Pennsylvania by Francis Daniel Pastorius, Justice of the Peace. Anna was the daughter of John Wigard and Magdalena (Bokers) Levering.
Henrich Frey first emigrated to New Amsterdam from his home in Altheim in the Palatinate in Germany in 1679/80. He and his friend Joseph Plattenbach came to America from Altheim, Slsace-Lorraine, Geramny/France, on board the ship Markus, with the Captain Souder, Master. They arrived in the South River of the Delaware, in about the year 1680. This was Approximately 3 years before the Township of Germantown, Pennsylvania was established and about two years before William Penn. Henrich was woodworker and his friend from Bruchsal, Joseph Plattenbach was an ironworker.
Henrich and his friend Joseph lived among the Indians probably where 3 Indian trails met. The three trails were named later one Germantown, next one which led west was named Allegheny Path, and the other which led to a village named "Rising Sun". Rising Sun path later could have change to Perkiomen Path. They became friends with the Lani Lenapi Indians. Henrich and Joseph were able to show the Indians how work with iron.
Henrich Frey bought a large tract of land west of Philadelphia and near Falkner's Swamp. This region is near Germantown, PA. He was a Turner/woodworker by trade and he and his family were members of the Protestant Lutheran Church.
Henrich and his wife were buried on their Plantation near Zeigersville, in what is called the Frey-Bertolett Cemetery, Montgomery Co., Pennsylvania along with his nephew Rev Andrew Frey, a daughter and others including many of their children.
1) Jacob b 1694 d 1785 m'd Margaret
2) William, b. 1695; d. June 15, 1770, Veronica Markley
3) Henry, b 1698, Roxborough, Philadelphia, Pa.; d. after 1769, Loudoun Co. Virginia; m. Christina Bache Tunis.
4) Abraham, b. 1700, Roxborough, Philadelphia Co. Pa; d. 1813, Washington Co. Pa; m. Hester Johnston
5) Benjamine b. abt 1700; d. March 1753, "Frye Fort", Frederick Co., Va. m'd Caristena Ann
6) John, b. 1703; d. October 23, 1766, m'd Mary Keisler
7) George, b. 1705, Roxborough, Philadelphia, Pa.; d. 1750, Va.; m. Elizabeth Hechlerin, February 23, 1759.
8) Amelia "Elizabeth", b. 1719; d. June 05, 1781, m'd Frederick Leinbach
9) Rebecca, b. 1718, Roxborough, Philadelphia Co., Pennsylvania. She was Unmarried in Oct 1732. Her History is unknown
10) Elizabeth, b. 1719; d. 1781 m'd Johannes Miller
Anna Catherine Levering Frey (1676 - 1754)*
Benjamin Frey (____ - 1753)*
Elizabeth Barbara Frey Miller (____ - 1758)*
Jacob Frey (1694 - ____)*
William Frey (1695 - 1770)*
Benjamin Frey (1696 - 1753)*
Henry Frey (1698 - ____)*
Abraham Frey (1700 - 1768)*
John Frey (1703 - 1766)*
George Frey (1705 - 1750)*
Amelia Elizabeth Frey Leinbach (1717 - 1781)*
Rebecca Frey (1718 - 1758)*
Elizabeth Frey Miller (1718 - 1758)*
Bertolet’s Mennonite Church Cemetery
Created by: KRW
Record added: Apr 23, 2006
Find A Grave Memorial# 14054016