North Carolina, USA
|Death: ||Jan. 30, 1852|
Son of William Lawson of Scotland
Military Service: Fall of 1779 to Spring of 1780, Served 3 months in Capt. Levary's Company as a substitute for Henry Yarberry (Yarborough). Rendezvoused at Court House of Franklin Co., NC . William "recollects then being in his sixteenth year" and resided in Franklin Co., NC. Note: After his discharge, William returned to Franklin Co., NC, where he left his discharge papers with "some of his friends" and never retrieved them. He "was in no battle at all." He went from Franklin Co., to his uncle's "on the water of Adkin" where he spent a year.
Military Service: Spring, 1781, Served 3 months as a substitute for Jesse Harris. Marched from Montgomery Co., NC. See Pension Application for more details. Note: After his second discharge , William again returned to Franklin Co., NC, where he left his discharge papers with the same "friends and never retrieved them".
He resigned 23d September, 1778.
Revolutionary War Pensioners of Scott County, Virginia William Lawson, Sr.
Private in the VA militia, acquired pension in 1834, age 70 in 1835, age 76 in 1840 (living with William Lawson, Jr.)
William Lawson Junior is buried at the Confederate Cemetery, Snowflake, Scott County, VA, next to his parent's grave.
7 JUN 1817 ordained to perform marriages/Methodist Episcopal.
Married 4 JAN 1788 in Christianburg, Montgomery, Virginia to Nancy Baker.
Children of William ll & Nancy Baker:
1. Elizabeth Lawson b: BET. 1790 - 1794 in Russell CO, VA
2. Rebecca Lawson b: 1792 in Montgomery Co, VA
3. Catherine Lawson b: ABT. 1795 in Virginia
4. Lavina Lawson b: ABT. 1797 in Virginia
5. JEREMIAH LAWSON b: 13 JAN 1798 in Russell (now Scott), Virginia
6. WILLIAM III LAWSON b: 26 MAY 1799 in Big Moccasin, Scott, Virginia
7. Rhoda Lawson b: 1803 in Russell (now Scott Co), Virginia
8. James H. Lawson b: 1805 in Russell (now Scott), Virginia
9. Jane Lawson b: 1807 in Russell (now Scott), Virginia
10. Hiram Lawson b: 1809 in Russell (now Scott), Virginia
11. Henry Lawson b: 13 APR 1812 in Big Moccasin, Scott, VA.
12. Servina "Linna" Lawson b: 1814 in Scott Co, VA
NOTE: His wife, Nancy died in 1845 in Snowflake, Scott Co, VA and there is little reason to think she is not buried in this cemetery.
PLEASE REFER TO WWW.LFHP.ORG FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
William Lawson (1731 - 1826)
Rebecca Lawson (____ - 1827)
Rhoda Lawson Hilton (1803 - 1859)*
Jane Lawson Addington (1807 - 1885)*
Henry Lawson (1812 - 1870)*
William Lawson (1764 - 1852)
Travis Lawson (1766 - 1855)**
Sarah Lawson Wood (1770 - 1862)**
Jeremiah Lawson (1773 - 1862)**
Lawson Confederate Memorial Cemetery
Created by: Texas History Hunter
Record added: May 09, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 19311747