|Death: ||Sep. 22, 1904|
John J. McGlade was one of four Denver firemen who were killed in the line of duty from inhaling nitric acid fumes at the Denver Post fire and nitric acid spill on September 20, 1904. Ladderman McGlade, assigned to Truck Co. No. 2, died on September 22, 1904. A 16 gallon container of nitric acid burst open in the etching room of the Denver Post. A fire ensued which was rather easily extinguished by the firemen, who inhaled the fumes while fighting the fire. Besides the four firemen killed, more than a dozen other firemen were hospitalized with various stages of life threatening respiratory distress.
Maintained by: Mark Dieckman
Originally Created by: Eric Crow
Record added: Nov 03, 2005
Find A Grave Memorial# 12244408