|Birth: ||Dec. 25, 1833|
|Death: ||Sep. 25, 1901|
This is my gr. gr. grandmother. She is the same for many, many others due to her large number of decendants. AAM III
Sarah Jane CASSELL
Birth: 25 DEC 1832 in College Corner (Oxford Township), Butler County, Ohio
Death: 25 SEP 1901 in Bourbon, Marshall County, Indiana
Father: James CASSELL b. in Ohio
Mother: Catherine BENNETT b. in Pennsylvania
She married Don Elias DOWNING ( b. 22 MAY 1832 in Moscow, Clermont County, Washington Township, Ohio d. 3 JAN 1913 in Bourbon, Marshall County, Indiana) on 1 JUL 1852 in Stout's Mill - Brownstown, Jackson County, Indiana.
Children from this union:
1. Angeline Belle DOWNING b. 29 JAN 1853 in Elizabethtown, Bartholomew County, Indiana
2. Mary Catherine DOWNING HARRIS KESSLER b. 28 JAN 1855 in Elizabethtown, Bartholomew County, Indiana
3. John Timothy DOWNING b. 26 MAR 1857 in Elizabethtown, Bartholomew County, Indiana
4. Medora "Dora" Lavenia DOWNING SUTFIN b. 28 DEC 1859 in Elizabethtown, Bartholomew County, Indiana
5. Emma Jane DOWNING PARISH b. 17 DEC 1861 in Sandcreek Township, Bartholomew County, Indiana
6. Tamar "Tama" Lydia DOWNING COMPTON DEARDORFF b. 2 JUL 1866 in Jennings County, Indiana
7. Morton Elias DOWNING b. 12 JAN 1868 in Elizabethtown, Bartholomew County, Indiana
8. Rachel Josephine DOWNING BAUGHER b. 14 OCT 1869 in Elizabethtown, Bartholomew County, Indiana
9. Joseph Terrell DOWNING b. 25 APR 1872 in Elizabethtown, Bartholomew County, Indiana
10. Julia Lectania Frances DOWNING b. 13 JUN 1874 in Elizabethtown, Bartholomew County, Indiana
Source: The News - Mirror / Bourbon, Indiana - Thursday 3 October 1901 - Page 1 Col. 3
The remains of Sarah Jane Downing were laid to rest in the I. O. O. F. Cemetery last Friday afternoon, Rev. Neff preaching the sermon.
The deceased was born December 25, 1832, and passed away September 25. She was married to Don E. Downing in 1851, and their eleven children three daughters and two sons had preceded the mother through death's gate. The family removed to Bourbon in 1880, and the deceased became a consistent member of the Presbyterian church, in which faith she passed away. One son, five daughters and 14 grand-children survive.
It is believed that Sarah Jane CASSELL was married first to a SMITH. A child from this union was Sarah Adeline who went by the last name of DOWNING. Sarah Adeline was born September 1, 1849 in Ohio and died November 20, 1891 in Columbus, Bartholomew County, Indiana. She married John Thomas SIBERT on December 27, 1866 in Bartholomew County, Indiana.
Don Elias Downing (1832 - 1913)
Sarah Adeline Downing Sibert (1849 - 1891)*
Mary Catherine Downing Kessler (1855 - 1940)*
John Timothy Downing (1857 - 1860)*
Medora Lavenia Downing Sutphin (1859 - 1890)*
Emma Jane Downing Parish (1861 - 1931)*
Tamar Lydia Downing Compton (1866 - 1933)*
Morton Elias Downing (1868 - 1939)*
Julia Baugher (1874 - 1958)*
Created by: Arthur Allen "Art" Moore...
Record added: Feb 15, 2006
Find A Grave Memorial# 13349190