|Birth: ||Jun. 14, 1706|
|Death: ||Dec. 13, 1806|
Son of John Beardsley and Mary Booth and husband to first Mercy Jackson and second Sarah Wheeler. He had children with both Mercy and Sarah.
Obadiah Beardsley lived to be 100 years old and was found dead, out in a field, with a gun, apparently hunting.
During the American Revolutionary War, all five of Obadiah's sons, who lived to adulthood, fought with Connecticut Regiments.
Obadiah Beardsley's sons in the Revolutionary War
1. Phineas Beardsley (1733-1812), Capt. 7th Connecticut Regiment (Captain Phineas Beardsley's 9th Company, Colonel Heman Swifts's 7th (later 2nd) Connecticut Line Regiment.)
2. Gideon Beardsley (1738-1810), Lt/Capt 6th Co. 16th Connecticut Regiment (is this it? Sixth Company, Colonel Bradley's 16th Connecticut Regiment.)
3. Benajah Beardsley (1749-1810), Sgt, in Capt Beebe's Co. in the 5th Conn. Regiment a Sergeant in Capt. (David) Daniel Beebe's Company, Colonel Roger Enos' Regiment, Connecticut State Troops
4. David S. Beardsley (1752-1824) Evergreen Cemetery, Eden, Erie, NY - SAR application. (No more on David's service.)
5. Salmon W. Beardsley (1759-1825), (mother- Sarah) Pvt in 2nd Connecticut Regiment
Also one of his grandsons...
"Elija Beardsley (1760-1826), Private in Col. Herman Swift's 7th Connecticut Regiment in Revolutionary War. "A Boston Tea Party Indian." - a plaque, found on Elijah Beardsley's grave. (this is likely, not correct, as he is not listed as one of the Tea Party Indians)
One fighting family!
John Beardsley (1673 - 1753)
Mary Wheeler Beardsley (1671 - 1709)
Mercy Jackson Beardsley (1713 - 1754)
Phineas Beardsley (1733 - 1812)*
Gideon Beardsley (1738 - 1810)*
Eunice Beardsley Comstock (1740 - 1810)*
Benajah Beardsley (1749 - 1810)*
David Beardsley (1752 - 1825)*
Salmon Wheeler Beardsley (1759 - 1825)*
John Beardsley (1704 - 1792)*
Obadiah Beardsley (1706 - 1806)
Created by: Rick Bushong
Record added: Sep 07, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 58297347