|Birth: ||Sep. 24, 1856|
|Death: ||Sep. 16, 1921|
The first of eight children born to Martin James & Nancy Ann (Tucker) Clevenger of Rush Co IN, Ira married:
1) Emma Smith on 15 Mar 1883 in Rush Co IN.
2) Missouri Levi on 26 Apr 1886 in Rush Co IN, the daughter of Martin & Sarah Ann (Risk) Levi of Rushville, Rush Co IN; she died 18 Jul 1899 in Rushville, Rush Co IN.
3) Leora Bell (Frondorf) Levi on 22 Sep 1901 Rush Co IN, daughter of James Wilson Jamison & Sarah Jane Frondorf; they divorced.
Indiana Marriage Records 1800-1941:
Name: Ira Clevenger
Spouse Name: Missouri Levy
Marriage Date: Apr 26 1886
Marriage County: Marion
Birth Date: abt 1867
Estimated Birth Year: 1867
Still researching, but no known children with Emma.
Children with Missouri:
1) Daughter Clevenger (1884-1884)
Indiana Marriage Records 1780-1992:
Name: Ira Clevenger
Marriage Date: 22 Sep 1901
Marriage Place: Rush, Indiana
Spouse: Leora Levi
FHL Film Number: 1630192
Reference ID: p560
Children with Leora:
1) Flora Dorset Clevenger (1902-1983), m1: Verle Thoms Warfield (my Grandparents), m2: Ancle Bailey.
2) Irene Clevenger (1903-1904).
3) Son Clevenger (1905-1905) (twin).
4) Ira "Jud" Clevenger (1905-1968) (twin), m: Irene Opal Mosier.
5) Theodore "Doe" R Clevenger (1906-1954), m: Ethel Bernice Mosier.
6) Edmond Clevenger (c1908-c1908).
7) John Clevenger (1909-1909).
Grandpa Ira's occupations were carpenter, well driller and house mover. My Aunt, Ira's Granddaughter, said her mother Flora believed his death was attributed to a hunting accident to the lung, which he had experienced earlier in life. The official record states he died of tuberculosis.
The Daily Republican, 17 Sep 1921, Saturday, Pg 3
"IRA CLEVENGER SUCCUMBS
Expires After Several Months Illness
Ira Clevenger, a well-known laborer of this city died yesterday afternoon about 3:30 o/clock at his residence, 111 N. Pearl St. death being caused from a several months illness with tuberculosis. The deceased was 65 years old. He is survived by two sons and one daughter.
The funeral services will be held at 2:30 o'clock Sunday afternoon at the Main Street Christian Church, in charge of the Rev. L. E. Brown. Interment will be made in East Hill cemetery."
Ira is my maternal Gr-Grandfather. I wish we knew more about him. He seems to have been a hard worker and was certainly very handsome. He will never be forgotten.
Rest in peace dearest Grandpa.
Many thanks to Mr Colen for his much appreciated and helpful information.
Martin James Clevenger (1837 - 1878)
Nancy Ann Tucker Clevenger (1832 - 1905)
Missouri Levi Clevenger (1861 - 1899)*
Leora Bell Frondorf Swords (1880 - 1944)*
Flora Dorset Clevenger Warfield (1902 - 1983)*
Irene Clevenger (1903 - 1904)*
Infant Son Clevenger (1905 - 1905)*
Ira Clevenger (1905 - 1968)*
Theodore R Clevenger (1906 - 1954)*
John Clevenger (1909 - 1909)*
Ira Clevenger (1856 - 1921)
Josephine Clevenger Pea (1863 - 1901)*
Martin Clevenger (1865 - 1953)*
Joseph Clevenger (1870 - 1880)*
Ora Clevenger (1871 - 1945)*
East Hill Cemetery
Plot: Section 7, Lot 164, Grave 1
Created by: Bonnie's Daughter
Record added: Feb 17, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 48252518