North Carolina, USA
|Death: ||Mar. 25, 1834|
Daniel Lowe was the son of American Revolutionary War Patriot Lt. John Low and his wife, Nancy Butler Low.
Daniel moved from Hancock County, Georgia to Mississippi after 1812.
Daniel Lowe married his cousin, Mary Tamar Lowe. All of his children were born in Georgia. He served in the Georgia militia in 1793.
Name: Daniel Lowe
State or Territory: Georgia
Military unit: Second (Lamarīs) Regiment, Militia
Service Year: 1793
Daniel Low GA Hancock County No Township Listed 1812
1820- Daniel was executor of his fathers estate.
1820- Daniel was present in Lawrence County, Mississippi for U.S. Federal Census.
Daniel obtain a Land Patent in what is now Jefferson Davis County, MS on 1 Sept 1824.
Daniel was listed in the Ebenezer Baptist Church records as a member on 30 Jul 1824, and again on 2 Sept 1826, when he answered to charges of intoxication.
Placement in this cemetery is based on research completed before 1955 by several independent and reputable organizations. To support the past research, it has been determined the cemetery is 1/2 mile from the Covington County line, and is close to where Daniel Lowe was last documented as living. The tombstones are not currently visible. A photo volunteer has stated the cemetery is on private land. As for now, the memorials will remain where they are pending valid documentation that places Daniel and Mary Lowe as being buried elsewhere.
1. National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR), Genealogical Research Collection (GRC), viewable inside DAR Library, Washington, DC. Additional documentation available by accessing accepted applications for membership in NSDAR for descendants of Patriot John Low, Ancestor #A072034.
2. Daniel Lowe Bible Record, Cemetery, Vol. II, MS Genealogical Society, 1955, pp 41-43.
3. Ebenezer Baptist Church Minutes.
4. Georgia Land Record- Daniel, Low on Shoulderbone Creek, Hancock County GA (Ga 16 at Ga 77 northwest of Sparta)
5. Bureau of Land Management- Jefferson Davis County- LOWE, DANIEL 9/1/1824 006N - 018W - West 1/2 of South East 1/4 of Section 12.
6. The Newsom Lowe Butler Family Connections of South Mississippi compiled by Mrs. George F. Smith, 1964.
The Mississippi Department of History and Archives has a copy, as does Shannon Gorman, MsMarion.com, a direct descendant of Daniel and Mary Lowe.
7. Church Records of Covington County Mississippi Presbyterian & Baptist published By Jean Strickland and Patricia N Graves.
8. U.S. Compiled Service Records, Post-Revolutionary War Volunteer Soldiers, 1784-1811.
9. Genealogy Trails- http://genealogytrails.com/miss/jeffdavis/cemeteries/doublechurches.html
Mary Tamar Lowe Lowe (1769 - 1843)*
Mary Eliza Lowe Newsom (1788 - 1866)*
Double Churches Cemetery
Jefferson Davis County
Created by: MsMarion
Record added: Sep 24, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 77033275