|Birth: ||Jun. 21, 1798|
|Death: ||Apr. 22, 1865|
An extended bio will be added later.
The children of George Douglass and Elizabeth Selden, the eldest two b. prob. at Union Mission, the four youngest at Bates County, MO, are:
• i. Maria Douglass, b. Feb. 8, 1830, d. betw. Apr. 1910 and Jan. 1920 poss. at Claremore, Rogers County, Oklahoma; m. Sept. 5, 1854, Capt. Henry Clay Cogswell, who d. Nov. 26, 1872 at Center Twp, Vernon County, MO. Seven known children of the family.
• ii. Ralph Douglass, b. Dec. 14, 1832, purportedly d. circa 1849 at or enroute to California.
• iii. Ellen "Nellie" Douglass, b. Nov. 30, 1834, d. Apr. 9, 1907 at the Town of Afton in Cherokee Indian Territory, now Afton, Ottawa County, Oklahoma; m. Jan. 10, 1872 at Bates County, MO, Henry Ray Livingston, b. Aug. 21, 1837 at Virginia, d. June 7, 1904 at the Town of Afton in the Cherokee Indian Territory. At least three children who reached maturity.
• iv. George Selden Douglass, b. June 14, 1837; never married, was a C onfederate soldier in 1861, d. Dec. 14, 1865 and is buired with his father.
• v. enry Waite Douglass, b. June 19, 1839, prob. d. Dec. 14, 1915 at Prineville, Crook County, Oregon; m. Aug. 26, 1869 at St. Clair County, MO, Mary Ellen Lewis, only child of Dr. Lawrence Lewis by his first wife Mary Ferguson, b. Feb. 8, 1844 at St. Clair County, MO. She d. May 13, 1901 at Seattle, Washington. Four children of the family, the eldest three dying in infancy at Bates County, MO. Mary Ellen (Lewis) Douglass was the great granddau. of Col. Fielding Lewis and Betty Washington, latter the two year younger natural sister of Gen. and Pres. George Washington.
• vi. Mary Elizabeth Douglass, b. Oct. 15, 1842, d. Apr. 4, 1873 at Rich Hill, Bates County, MO; m. July 26, 1868 as his first wife, Livingston Culbertson, s. of David, b. Apr. 14, 1838 at Scott County, VA. He d. Nov. 12, 1911. They had two known children, both sons, the younger dying in his adolescence.
Elizabeth Selden Douglass (1799 - 1878)
Ellen Douglass Livingston (1834 - 1907)*
Mary Elizabeth Douglass Culbertson (1842 - 1873)*
June 21, 1798.
April 22, 1865.
A typical pioneer of the 18th (sic) century
June 14, 1837
Dec. 14, 1865
A confederate soldier 1861
West Hill Cemetery
Created by: Don Blauvelt
Record added: May 10, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 89909491